🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not getting any job
Page options
zhmhoon
Community Member

I am not getting any job

Hi,

My question is I had successfully landed to my first job and even got a verified freelancer badge. But now I am not getting hired by anyone. I have even bought connects. Please share some tips for a cover letter.

8 REPLIES 8
robin_hyman
Community Member

If you make your profile public we can provide recommendations on how to improve it.

As for your request for help with a cover letter:

* Customize each proposal submission

* Make sure you weave in important points from the job description

* Include how you can solve the client's problem (ex: I have 10+ years experience in writing for companies like yours...)

* Don't be afraid to ask questions

* Attach RELEVANT examples

* Close with next steps..Let's connect! 

Thank you for the response I have made my profile public; you may have a
look as well. Thank you

Profile is still not public

Got it now. 

Take out that first paragraph. Clients want to get to the point - quickly. No need for the "hi", "I have no reviews". It screams inexperienced. That's the last impression you want to leave.

Start with something engaging, exciting, encouraging the client to want to read more about what you do and how you can help them. Look at other freelancer profiles in your field for inspiration (don't copy).

Thank you for the feedback. I have updated my profile summary to actually
what I want to provide my clients.

I still recommend reviewing other profiles. As a native English speaker I didn't quite understand the first 2 lines which is what a client sees in a search. 

How I start a cover letter? Also, take a look at the profile and give me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members