🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not getting any jobs after the top rated...
Page options
drsarah
Community Member

I am not getting any jobs after the top rated badge

Hello,

I noticed that since I got the top rated badge, I apply tons of proposals and don't get accepted in any job, also I don't get any job invites.

Which wasn't the case before, I usually got invites around once weekly, and I get my proposal accepted may be 1 in every 12 application if not less.

I only apply to jobs that suit my qualifications. And I make a customized proposal for each job.

I found this complain is very common on up work community. So, I was wondering is this some sort of Upwork Algorithm that encourages more the fresh freelancers. Or, there is a client side to it that they filter out the top rated freelancers.

I would be grateful if you shared your insights on this.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Sarah,

This has nothing to do with algorithms or anything. I  understand how discouraging it is when you're getting fewer responses to your proposals now. A lot of factors come into play such as the demand for the field you're in. With more and more freelancers signing up, the competition gets tougher. But I suggest that you check your profile and update your skills, tweak your title, make use of Project Catalog, and of course, apply for jobs. The more you send proposals, the more you increase the chance of getting a reply from a client.

Here's an additional tip: try to filter your search by the number of proposals the job posting has received. You may want to skip applying to those that have more than 50+ proposals already as yours can get lost there. And make sure to apply for jobs that match your skill set and previous experience.

There's really no telling how the client selects their freelancer but focus on what you can control- your cover letter, your profile, your skills. Additionally, you can reach out here in the Community and look for blog posts from successful freelancers to help you get back on your feet.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths