Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not getting job of SEO

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
21 of 32

Is it possible to get onto the last page of google in a search? Just in case potential customers decide to look from back to front.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
22 of 32

Is this specifically for English writing? Because if so, therein might lie the answer.....

Highlighted
Community Guru
23 of 32

Any truly imaginative client would ask for their company in the last page, knowing that it is more likely to attract the discerning customer than one that's merely from the top.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
24 of 32

@Ramon B wrote:

Any truly imaginative client would ask for their company in the last page, knowing that it is more likely to attract the discerning customer than one that's merely from the top.

Nah, a truly imaginative client would "call the shot" and build a campaign around a specific number, and then game the system to get that number.  It's boring for a brand like 7 Up to appear as the #1 search for "soft drink", but clever to have it appear as #7.

And my general opinion on SEO, if I haven't already given it on Upwork:  If you're so great at SEO, I expect you to be the #1 result when I search for "SEO".  Anything else is just a big phony wasting my time.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
25 of 32

Can you appear as EVERY number on a google search? That would show the competitors who's boss!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
26 of 32

I have to sit on my fingers when it comes to these jokers. The damage they do to websites and businesses is reprehensible. Anyone who comes across any of these SEO eggpurts should avoid them. Never let them touch your site... everrrrr. Any supposed expert that has directory links, ezinearticles, forum profiles, article marketing, or "white hat backlinking" in their profile should be avoided like the plague. They will take a reasonably well ranking site and drive it into the ground, destroying all your work.

Don't even get me started... 

And I'm not talking about something that happened to me. I've looked at thousands of sites and it doesn't feel good telling some nice old guy that his hard work just got trashed from some $3/hour white hat backlinker. There is no such thing as white hat backlink building.

If you want to buy links, it's gonna cost you 4 figures. The cheapest below 4 figures is HuffPo because their writers will sell their souls since they don't get paid. .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
27 of 32

@ Ilyas

The profile picture is one part to the story. Taking the advice given about it could very well help you. I know my own profile picture isn't exactly the greatest thing in the universe, but I wasn't relying on it!!

The major problem is the rest of your profile. It contradicts itself quite badly and ends up crushing your chances. Even a glance at your overview is what's starting to drop your chances badly.

Ok, you're an SEO expert. Sure, you might be the greatest SEO expert to ever live. But your profile screams that you can barely put together a sentence in english without a mistake. What do you think that immediately tells a client that looks at your profile?

Our first guess is that english is not your native language. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Until you go looking for work involving english. And it shows very heavily in your profile.

The instant a job post indicates a very real need for a native english speaker concerning the job, you're already out thanks to those mistakes in your profile. That particular detail of being a native english speaker happens to be one of the more widely sought after "features" in writers and SEO experts. They EXPECT you to not have those mistakes in your work. At all. Even despite the mistakes that show up in job posts many times. And yet, there they are decorating your profile.

You claim to have a lot of knowledge concerning MS Office. Yet, a simple copy / paste of your overview into MS Word already shows 3 mistakes instantly. Not to mention the below average test score result for MS Office skills.

Your employment history instantly changes your "great" experience from your overview, down to "good". How did THAT happen in such a short amount of space?!!

Lahore GRAMMAR School..... DON'T get me started!! I'm just amazed no one else mentioned it. With any luck, that problem will come to you all by itself.

You're fluent in Urdu. Ok... great. But when you're applying to jobs that are require all the work in english, any client that spots your english as conversational won't continue with you. That's IF they get past your overview.

Your overview is saying you have "great" experience with SEO and related matters. Your test results for SEO shows you in the Top 30%. If you were in the top 5% - 10%, THEN your claim can start to hold. Keep in mind how many others took that same test and scored vastly higher than you. Top 30%? Good luck.

Don't get the lot of us wrong here. The idea here is NOT to declare open season and freely rip on you. Besides, YOU made it way too easy. It's not even remotely a challenge. The idea is to point it out so you can fix it. What I managed to point out to you here is only a start. Preston pointed out that you DID make improvements. But you still need to fix a lot more.

And don't forget, YOU asked for help. So don't complain if someone points it out to you. It could very well seem rather harsh but we ARE spending our time trying to help you to fix it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
28 of 32

Umm - we all seem to be giving views/advice on old posts!

Smiley Very Happy

The latest is from one Sabbir (a few hours ago), who does not appear to be asking for help, but who has nevertheless nicked his overview from others on the Internet.

Highlighted
Community Guru
29 of 32

He's certainly packed a lot into his brief years!

Highlighted
Community Guru
30 of 32

I'm not only no. 1, I'm the only person with my name in the world. Is this unusual?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS