🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not getting my first job.
Page options
shabab-wasi
Community Member

I am not getting my first job.

Hi. I am new to Upwork. I am a article,blog & content writer. I have submitted proposals to 4 potential jobs in which it was mentioned that the writer need not to be experienced on Upwork. I sent two of my sample work along with a certificate in my proposal still not getting any reply messages. Can someone help me out here? Is there something wrong with my profile or proposal? I just want to improve my profile I don't want money. Can someone check my profile and help me out? or suggest me a buyer looking for new writers. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
joansands
Community Member

Shabab - You are competing with probably thousands of other freelancers in your category, so, it would be unusual to land a job after only 4 proposals. Do a search for freelancers in your category and you will see what you are up against.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Shabab W wrote:

Hi. I am new to Upwork. I am a article,blog & content writer. I have submitted proposals to 4 potential jobs in which it was mentioned that the writer need not to be experienced on Upwork. I sent two of my sample work along with a certificate in my proposal still not getting any reply messages. Can someone help me out her! Is there something wrong with my profile or proposal? I just want to improve my profile I don't want money. Can someone check my profile and help me out? or suggest me a buyer looking for new writers. Thank you!

Remove this  from your profile. No one is hiring people to give them experience. 

To be honest,I’ve written a lot for online portals as a part of my job but I am new to this freelance marketplace. As I am a new to Upwork,I’m just looking to gather experience and upgrade my profile. So money is NOT my first priority. I may be new but I assure you that you will get the same professional quality article as you would get from any other experienced member on Upwork. I’m asking you to have a little faith in me and give me a chance to prove myself. Peace.

Shabab,

I assume you want jobs writing in English. Get rid of the passage Amanda indicated. Also, either fix or delete the blurb at the bottom of the page:

News Views Media is an online news portal. *It publishes a mainly featured articles. *It also publishes different articles on current affairs of Bangladesh.

*Insert a space. As written, it's interpreted as an Italian website.

"... a mainly featured articles" is nonsense. You can say, "It primarily publishes featured articles." The "a" is not needed, and the structure is awkward.

In the main body of your profile you have many errors. In writing, use of the same word or of a word derived from the same source as another word you use is called a "dead word." In sentence one use a term other than "write" after "can." Delete "constructive and." Insert a space between "articles" and "," I expect to see a comma after content as it completes a phrase. I assume "pce" is meant to be "place."

Second sentence is excessive; it seems you're trying to pad word count. "I write articles with appropriate structure that engage the reader through flow and word choice." The bit about "delight" is flowery. I suppose it might be acceptable in a nineteenth century work of a dime novel romance writer, but it's not the nineteenth century and you're not a dime novel writer.

That will get you started. Also, raise your rate. I occsionally hire writers for specific technical tasks, and you won't be one of them. You don't think you're worth very much, so I'm not gong to argue with you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members