🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not getting new orders.
Page options
fahdazad
Community Member

I am not getting new orders.

Hi, I'm new here and not getting any orders, I have used all my connects now and used extra more but still nothing. Please can someone help me out here. Please review my profile and let me know if I am doing things right or not. 

Any useful tips & tricks for me ..

Thanks,

Fahad.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Marco, I have followed your advice and purchased the freelance plus account hope that will do magic for me. 

If you can also look into my profile and let me know if it's properly formulated and is it going to attract clients or not. I want someone to be very honest with me and let me know if I am doing the right thing or not, as I am providing two different sets of skill one in development side and one in graphic-side both field has a different scope and on Upwork people usually highlight only one skill set. But I want to offer both as I want my clients to get one-stop solutions for all services. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
lysis10
Community Member

That client for your first "order" is interesting. I guess these things don't work well.

fahdazad
Community Member

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for reaching out to me. Could you please let me know if my profile is in the right direction, can you please guide me on what I am doing wrong. 

JoanneP

Hi Fahad,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fahdazad
Community Member

Hi Marie, thank you for sharing the articles, I will look into them. 

Hi Fahad.

Just to add a little thing to Joanne  post, that you should definitly follow.

If you have the chance to pay the $15 monthy fee for the upwork freelancer plus membership, that would help in the sence that you'll be given the average bids from the other freelancers to any job that you're appliyng (highest bid, lowest bid and average bid).

Given that value you can figure out within your abbilities the value to offer in your bid, and that will give an edge (value/quality).

This may seem like much, speacially for newcomers but after you get the first jobs and keep leaving that fee ($15) on escrow, upwork will deduct from that. Only takes one or two jobs.

Just an edge to start. Hope that you'll get many jobs with positive JSS and then you won't have to worry to much in winning the bids.

Best regards and best of luck!

Thank you Marco, I have followed your advice and purchased the freelance plus account hope that will do magic for me. 

If you can also look into my profile and let me know if it's properly formulated and is it going to attract clients or not. I want someone to be very honest with me and let me know if I am doing the right thing or not, as I am providing two different sets of skill one in development side and one in graphic-side both field has a different scope and on Upwork people usually highlight only one skill set. But I want to offer both as I want my clients to get one-stop solutions for all services. 

Hi Fahad, sorry for the late reply but i only come to the forum once in a while and i don't get  messages trough e-mail.

I was looking at the jobs you got since you becamed pro freelancer and you got really nice reviews but it seems to me that your JSS doesn't reflect the reviews, try and check that with upwork, from my calculations your jss should be over 90%.

Thank You Marco 

e1f3c230
Community Member

Hello,

I am also suffering from the same problem. Can anyone look at my profile and give me the reason and solution for not getting my new job.

Thank You

calado-marco
Community Member

Hi Aksarul.

Hope all is well with you.

I've took a look at your profile and the first thing i noticed is your portofolio.

Keep in mind, that the portofolio is the window to your work and consequently, the first thing clients will look in order to evaluate if you're up to the job. This becomes more relevant if you're starting in Upwork and don't have any client feedbacks to show on your reviews.

So:

1 - You only have 3 samples on the portofolio. A cliente likes more than that, a client likes to see versatility!

Versatility shows that you are adaptive and productive. And to give a chance to the client to realize that  then you need obviously more samples on the portofolio and that the samples show everything that you can do.  And that leads us to the second remark:

2 - Your samples are just print screens of your work, and more than that, they're just partial print screens.... Partial print screens are not good. This kind of presentation can make the client to think that the samples are not yours, and by extention leads the client to think that your bid is a scam. Unfortunately as you know there's a lot of this going on, and freelancing work platforms like this one are not imune to them. Try this:

Upwork allows the upload of pdf's. Upload the totality of the work you've made in pdf file format, don't forget to cover the clients name and his personal info. Change the lettering and presentation style. Different presentation styles help to show versatility! Look for different templates or (better still) create yours. The ones you have just look like a simple microsoft word plain text sheet with pictures on it (sorry but it's true...). Make different styles for different presentations  - a spreadsheet needs a different style from the one that a blog page requires or from a data business analytics. 

Again; different goals = different presentation styles.

Hope that this remarks will help.

All the best 

Marco

pateldishu55
Community Member

Hello Team,

I haven't received any orders for more than 1 month. before that, it was going normal. I have spent a lot of connections too and I have a freelancer plus account but I didn't get any orders. can you please check my profile and let me know what I need to improve my profile?
Thanks
Disha

Hi Disha,

Thank you for your message. We have a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths