🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not necessarily new to Upwork, but my pr...
Page options
job157
Community Member

I am not necessarily new to Upwork, but my proposals don't get response and I think my profile...

A few things I am concerend about and could use some HELP!

First I could really use feedback on my profile. Also has anyone found someone to interview them and write the profile pieces from that interview for them? I really hate typing about myself.

Second is my lack of feedback. I have 2 long term contracts that will not be closed any time soon and for some reson they won't provide feedback even though we have a good working realationship.

And last my proposals do not get responses anymore. A month ago I was turning work down and stressing about getting too much work. Now I cannot get a response.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
cssolutions2016
Community Member

Jay,
One reason could be that prospects see 2 active projects on your profile and may suspect you may not have the time for them .. 
regards,

Subbu 

Subbu M wrote:

Jay,
One reason could be that prospects see 2 active projects on your profile and may suspect you may not have the time for them .. 
regards,

Subbu 

That is rarely a reason why.

Jay are those contracts active? If not, you should ask the clients to close it so you'd have more feedbacks.

Also, you are working for $50/h but your profile rate is $65. Might turn off a lot of people. Small increments at would ~10% are fine.

job157
Community Member

I have tried to remove the specisalized profile, but have had no luck. I'll research getting that done. I didn't like it in the first place, but Upwork keep insisting it's a good thing.

I am going to revise my proifile rate and work up from there.

Thank you for your input!

tlbp
Community Member

Jay O wrote:

A few things I am concerend about and could use some HELP!

First I could really use feedback on my profile. Also has anyone found someone to interview them and write the profile pieces from that interview for them? I really hate typing about myself.

Second is my lack of feedback. I have 2 long term contracts that will not be closed any time soon and for some reson they won't provide feedback even though we have a good working realationship.

And last my proposals do not get responses anymore. A month ago I was turning work down and stressing about getting too much work. Now I cannot get a response.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

You can hire a writer to create a profile summary. Usually, these gigs are listed as "bios" or "profile summary" writing. In your gig posting, be sure to indicate that you'll want the freelancer to conduct a voice interview to gather the information, if that's your preference. Sometimes, the writer will gather information using a written questionairre. 

While your current gigs may seem long-term to you, they are fairly short-term in the lives of your clients. I wouldn't expect anyone to give you an interim review for such a brief time frame. Plus, interim reviews are a new and rarely used feature. It is probably best to save interim review requests for your very best, very long-term client relationships. Clients don't like having to figure out new processes and perform tasks for freelancers. 

People have different therories about seasonality, the economy and other factors. I was turning away work in the fall. This spring, while my proposals received responses, I did not land any gigs at the same price point. This may point to a seasonal issue (Q1 is always my worst) or a reflection on the general state of economic confidence. Are people willing to invest in creating new products right now? Maybe they are waiting to see where interest rates, material costs and other factors land. 

job157
Community Member

This is all great information! Thank you! I am going to search for someone to write my summary and see if I can get a profile that makes me feel like it's at least going in the corrrect direction!

Thank!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members