🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not receiving any Upwork achievement ema...
Page options
rahulsharma108
Community Member

I am not receiving any Upwork achievement emails.

Once again thanks for making such an amazing platform. I am really thankful to the Upwork team for awarding me a top-rated badge. Actually, for many days, I am noticing that I am not receiving any achievement emails, Like 2 weeks ago I earned my first $1000 I did not receive a congratulation email for that. Plus I got top-rated badge displayed on my profile, but there is no congratulation email from Upwork. I know it may sound weird and not so important. But I want to share my achievements on social platforms as well, so it becomes a bit important. Plus it makes one confident and happy as well. So please solve this issue.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rahul Sharma.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

“Congratulations. You’ve earned $1000. This may marginally increase your chances of being retained on our platform. Or not.”

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rahul,

If you're referring to our "Year in Review" email, we are sending those to freelancers gradually and you should be getting yours in the next couple of days as long as you have your notifications settings enabled to receive marketing emails.

In general, please make sure you aren't unsubscribed from Upwork marketing emails and they aren't being flagged as spam or junk by your email provider. That way you should be getting emails marking those important achievements on the platform. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi there, 
Actually, I was asking about that top-rated badge congratulation email and also the first $1000 earned congratulations one as well. I just received this ''Year in Review" email, thanks for that. This confirms that I am able to receive Upwork emails. I Will be looking forward to receiving the first $100 earned and top-rated one as well.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rahul Sharma.

“Congratulations. You’ve earned $1000. This may marginally increase your chances of being retained on our platform. Or not.”

I understand what you want to say, sir. But things like this push someone to work better. Maybe I had the dream of sharing that top-rated email message screenshot on LinkedIn. Just like others do. I always saw people getting success here and sharing that on LinkedIn. I understand that earning $1000 here is not a big thing, but for me it is. Because my next target would be to grab a 'Top rated plus' badge. Even If I do not get any email for this achievement, I also understand that one has to learn daily and work better in order to be constantly successful. These small accomplishments do not matter much. 

Thanks for this help.

Regards,

Rahul Sharma.

Rahul S wrote:

Hi there, 
Actually, I was asking about that top-rated badge congratulation email and also the first $1000 earned congratulations one as well. I just received this ''Year in Review" email, thanks for that. This confirms that I am able to receive Upwork emails. I Will be looking forward to receiving the first $100 earned and top-rated one as well.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rahul Sharma.

Hi Rahul,

Your response is more civil than I deserve. While satirical and snarky, my response was meant to make a point. Upwork, as a corporation, has been quite clear about having little regard for smaller-volume freelancers. As a publicly-traded corporation, it has been explicit in its messages to stockholders about which freelancers it values and which it does not, except insofar as they offer potential for future greater earnings.

While $1000 may be small potatoes to Upwork, I fully understand that earning it is an accomplishment in a marketplace where the majority of would-be freelancers earn nothing at all. I am acutely and personally aware of the struggle and sense of accomplishment that goes into that first thousand in earnings, and the difference it can make in one's life. So please accept my personal congratulations, regardless of what you may or may not hear from Upwork.

All the best,

Michael

I really understand sir. Thank you very much for your congratulations. I should have given a professional reply. I am just 21, so I have little experience in professional behavior. I really apologize for that. I Will learn a lot from this platform. I always wish that my entire career will go around Upwork in a successful way. 

Rahul S wrote:

I really understand sir. Thank you very much for your congratulations. I should have given a professional reply. I am just 21, so I have little experience in professional behavior. I really apologize for that. I Will learn a lot from this platform. I always wish that my entire career will go around Upwork in a successful way. 

Start by reading the ToS and stop violating them.

Valeria, I do not see any kind of setting for "marketing emails". But all of my notification settings are checked. If we have all our notification settings checked, does it mean we will get a year in review email?

Hi Amanda,

If you have enabled your marketing email notification, then you should receive your "Year In Review" email in a couple of days. These are gradually sent to freelancers.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Amanda,

If you have enabled your marketing email notification, then you should receive your "Year In Review" email in a couple of days. These are gradually sent to freelancers.  

Hi Joanne Marie, if you read my question, I clearly state that I see no item under notifications called marketing email(s). There is a long list but nothing that is called that. See below. 

Screenshot (104).pngScreenshot (103).pngScreenshot (102).pngScreenshot (100).png

For anyone still paying attention who is curious, I reached out to support and they said it's the one that says: "Send me genuinely useful emails every now and then to help me get the most out of Upwork" 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths