🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not sure, how this contract will affect ...
Page options
galimzyanov_niki
Community Member

I am not sure, how this contract will affect my account

After the pending balance refunded without reason, I sent lots of messages to cleint "what's wrong in payment?", "please reply for my message".

But he came back after about 10 days, and said he was going to end the contract.

He ended the contract and give me 5 stars without any feedback.

Unfortunately, he said he will pay for my work before, but I didn't get paid at all for my work.

I asked if you won't pay for my work, but he doesn't reply since end the contract.

- How should I do? 

-  I have rising talent badge and filled out 16 top-talented weeks. I'd like to get top-talented badge soon. so this will affect my account?

I am new freelancer, please let me know the details about this contract.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Nikita G wrote:

After the pending balance refunded without reason, I sent lots of messages to cleint "what's wrong in payment?", "please reply for my message".

But he came back after about 10 days, and said he was going to end the contract.

He ended the contract and give me 5 stars without any feedback.

Unfortunately, he said he will pay for my work before, but I didn't get paid at all for my work.

I asked if you won't pay for my work, but he doesn't reply since end the contract.

- How should I do? 

-  I have rising talent badge and filled out 16 top-talented weeks. I'd like to get top-talented badge soon. so this will affect my account?

I am new freelancer, please let me know the details about this contract.

Thanks

1. 5 stars is feedback, it's not necessary to write words.

2. You were paid USD 1050 on this contract, how do you mean you were paid nothing?

3. I think you need a few more contracts with DIFFERENT clients in order to even get a JSS, then you can start worrying about being top rated. 

4. If you annoyed the client much with your constant messaging, he might have given you bad private feedback. 

Martina P wrote:

2. You were paid USD 1050 on this contract, how do you mean you were paid nothing?

No, he wasn't. This client didn't pay and the funds were reversed beause he didn't comply with the terms of the hourly protection. (Manual time)

Hello, Petra R

Thanks for your reply

My client comes back today and he wants to pay for my work.

He sends new offer to me, and he says that he will pay on this contract.

If I receive the money on new contract without any work, it is against terms of service?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Nikita,

The client has the option to send you a bonus. You may share this help article with your client for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Nikita G wrote:

He sends new offer to me, and he says that he will pay on this contract.

If I receive the money on new contract without any work, it is against terms of service?

Why doesn't the client just pay you on the original contract? But no, it isn't against any rules, provided the client isn't doing anything naughty such as having sent the offer from a different account?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members