Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not worked after send a lot of proposal

konservasi
Ace Contributor
Handy R Member Since: Jul 14, 2017
1 of 7

Dear all,

I am new in upwork and freelance marketplace like upwork. Need suggestion from you all. For last 2 month I am active send a lot of proposal,but I dont know what's the mistake,until now I just have done one work. Never seen again after that.

Could you mind to give me a suggestion regarding of my profile? I saw my statistic regarding my profile,for one week, my profile has seen with 9 persons.

Need assistant and suggestion from all the member.

Thanks anyway

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Your profile is interesting. I've only ever worked in that area of programming once and it wasn't easy. If you really are an expert, you give off the vibe of cheap because of your rates, which I'd say is one reason you aren't killing it. Your niche is very specific, but I bet you can make some money here and other places. It's so specific you should be violating wallets at a high rate, because I would think this would be something hard to find on Upwork but needed.

I'm assuming your claims are true though and you never know around here with all the fake profiles. If you're a complete fraud like most of the people who post here, I'm sure it's coming across in your proposals and interviews.

View solution in original post

konservasi
Ace Contributor
3 of 7

Building a reputation is the first thing to do when first entering into the world of marketplace. Therefore cheap price is a promo price to attract customers. Am I wrong here? Please tell me.

For the rates, I just see average of all the freelancer in here. I just follow them. If you think my rates too low, I will be glad to raise it up. Last 2 weeks my rates are 25 USD per hour,but it's still not worked.

Actually I work as a freelancer already 7 years. But the market is still the local market. Now, I am trying luck in marketplace like upwork. Wish me luck. So that,there's no way I'm damaging the reputation I've built so far. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 7

@Handy R wrote:

Building a reputation is the first thing to do when first entering into the world of marketplace. Therefore cheap price is a promo price to attract customers. Is my way wrong? Please tell me.

Yes, that's wrong for Upwork. There are a lot of people without real skills here who are willing to work dirt cheap, and if you undersell yourself too much many clients will put you in that category and doubt your abilities. Also, your past jobs and pay rates show on your profile, so it can be hard to raise your rates because prospective clients see that you have not been paid high rates in the past.

konservasi
Ace Contributor
5 of 7

What past work shows that I am not credible in my field? I will try to raise my rates back now. Thanks again for your suggestion. I really appreciate that.

By the way, I have raised my rates. I hope there is any change that I can get work now. For that, I will add more portofolio so thow that I am credible in this field.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 7

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I didn't mean that you HAVE past work that makes you not look credible--I meant that WOULD happen if you take on work at too cheap rates.

konservasi
Ace Contributor
7 of 7

I see,that's clear enough now. For later than, I will take any test to make my profile stronger.

Thanks a lot again

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS