🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am trying to find some way to actually cont...
Page options
kevinbaker94
Community Member

I am trying to find some way to actually contact an Upwork representative

I am trying to find some way of actually contacting an Upwork support team member to ask them for help in resolving a question.

I have tried using the community chatbot, but my question is not one of its presets. I also tried using the contact us feature. However, this also only gave me a predetermined list of responses that were completely unrelated to my question.

Is there any way that I can actually reach out to someone from Upwork without a public-facing community post like this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kevin:

What is your question?

We can probably answer it here.

If you really do have a question that can not be answered in the Forum, then there are Forum moderators who will probably be able to get the matter to the right internal team.

But that won't happen if you don't tell us what this is about.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

The original problem was with trying to figure out whether or not I should be concerned about the immediate (and seemingly automated) reply I got for one of my proposals. However, I have decided to withdraw this proposal anyhow, so the problem has resolved itsself. However, if possible, could you let me know who we are supposed to contact if we suspect something may be automated or wrong with a job posting?

Thanks, Bojan!

Hi Kevin, 

If a job post raises a red flag, or you suspect that a job seems fraudulent, you can go to the job post itself and click on the "Flag as Inappropriate" button so that it goes directly to the team's queue, and it will be reviewed against our Terms of Service. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear Avery O,

Just moments ago I was contacted by a "no reply" email from Upwork stating a job I had posted for had been removed from Upwork.  I just want to say thank you to the entire Upwork team.  It was a job posting claiming to need a "writing guru" and then I was contacted by an **Edited for community guidelines** stating a gentleman named **Edited for community guidelines**wanted to "chat" offline.  It turned out that **Edited for community guidelines** was an HR/Recruiter for **Edited for community guidelines** who immediately wanted me to answer a set of hiring questions.  I shut him down immediately.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for flagging this to us. I was able to locate the job post you're referring to and you've correctly guessed, reported job post and client's account have already been actioned in accordance with Upwork TOS.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much for your response. I just wanted to offer kudos to the Upwork team for their quick and decisive action on this job poster. Clearly, they intended to use Upwork as a vehicle for hiring outside the confines of the community.

Paul - P.G. - Barnett

kregana
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I need help regarding my account and I can't get any help on my end. Who should I contact about support?

Hi Kevin Chester,

Please let us know the issue you're experiencing here and we'll be happy to help! If there is any private information you need to share feel free to send me a private message by clicking on my picture next to this post.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members