cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anyone having issues with portfolio items?

Gary B Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
1 of 97

I am trying to update my portfolio with a new folder but when i click on the plus symbol all i get is create a specialized profile, when i click not yet it just returns to my profil page so i can't seem to just add new work?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 97

Hi Gary, 

I wanted to check if the issue persists if you try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? Let me know so that I can help you further!

-Avery
Untitled
Gary B Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
3 of 97

Still not working and I use Chrome and always have done, so it should be working on there, clear my cookies all the time and as others are having the same issue I guess its a glitch at Upworks end

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 97

Avery O wrote:

Hi Gary, 

I wanted to check if the issue persists if you try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? Let me know so that I can help you further!

Avery,

Here's what we'd all just like to know. Is Upwork forcing us to create a specialized profile when we go to edit, add, remove or whatever with our *portfolios?

This is my understanding - that we (once again) have no choice in the matter. If Upworks decides we all need specialized profiles (which we DON'T), this then means that I can no longer add to, remove, or upload new samples to my portfolio. Nothing to do with cookies or cache.

*A straight yes or no to this question will be appreciated.

Melanie S Member Since: Nov 5, 2019
5 of 97

Hi,

I am having the same experience of not being able to upload work.  I am just starting with Upwork so I have as yet nothing for a prospective employer to see.  That means Upwork is not useful at all in finding work.  Seems like this problem has been going on for at least 5 or 6 months.  

Do we have any resolution?

Peace,

Asha Melanie

6 of 97

Hi Melanie, 

Are you referring to adding portoflio items to your profile? Once you have setup your Specialized Profile, you should be able to add portfolios to your Specialized Profile, General Profile, or both. 

-Avery
Untitled
Parth P Member Since: Aug 9, 2013
7 of 97

I'm having issues as well with portfolio items, i also have made post here, 

found yours after i made mine.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Anyone-having-issues-with-portfolio-items/td-p/608219/ju...

8 of 97

Its been years since i worked on upwork, when i worked it was odesk,

So after returning here i verified my profile and started to add portfolio items at my profile.

But now i can't add any portfolio items in my general profile, it forced me to create specialized profile and after creating it, it only allows to add or even edit portfolio items to specified profiles, 

Plus it seems downloading images doesn't work as well, it downloads without any extension and fails to open in image viewer or editor.

Is anyone else having same issues?

and yes odesk was 100 times better than this, i can't contact customer support nor can create tickets, how beautiful is that for a company that it makes money because of freelancers and they can't contact support when they need to, never seen any company doing this so far except this one.

Highlighted
9 of 97

Hi Parth, and Gary, 

I was able to replicate your issue. I'll go ahead and look into this and get back to you once I have more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
10 of 97

Thank you,

Much appreciated Smiley Happy 

I will wait till it gets fixed so i can add all in portfolio i need before i apply to jobs.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS