cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't add more items to my portfolio

Highlighted
Melissa M Member Since: Jul 3, 2019
31 of 109

This is utterly infuriating. This is not encouragement. Will I be able to update my portfolio once I do what I'm being forced to? Thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
32 of 109

Valeria -

You make it sound like this impacts those who want/need a specialized profile. You say "We will soon be launching a new feature that allows freelancers with specialized profiles a more modern way to showcase their work to potential clients – portfolio templates."

However, the current process FORCES a specialized profile if you want to add any portfolio items. Why was this change made? Why do I need to create a specialized profile when my main profile covers everything I need? UW is forcing people to create a specialized profile if they want to display their work even if they only do one thing. This makes no sense. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
33 of 109

There is no such thing as a specialized profile in my field of endeavor.  Sigh. I'm missing all the fun.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
34 of 109

LOL @ Mary.  You can supply the popcorn ... that way you'll not feel left out.

Offerng specialized profiles is a service some genres of work can benefit from.

Requiring them is an all together different matter. 

We all know that U has been pushing (read basically demanding) agency affiliation as they seem to be convinced it is more lucrative.  Requiring specialized profiles was the first tangible step to this. 

If we are unable to add portfolio items to primary profiles OR are able to add portfolio items only to /if the same item resides in a specialized profile U.'s shift to agency-only is confirmed. It might take a while ... but we're rather adept at ferreting out intentions by now.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
35 of 109

Hi Scott, Mary and Wendy, 

I moved your posts from the Portfolio Templates announcement thread to this one, discussing the recent changes you mentioned in your comments, which weren't directly related to the subject of the Templates announcement thread but are relevant to the recent discussion in this thread.

To all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and sentiment around the recent changes affecting the process of adding new Portfolio items. We've shared your views with our team and will follow up with an update on this thread soon. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
36 of 109

Thanks for letting us know, Vlad -

Speakng for Mary and Scott as well.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Dan B Member Since: Jun 12, 2019
37 of 109

Hello everyone,

I'd like to add to the general sentiment.

I was having issues adding work to my portfolio and had to google the problem.

Specialized profiles should be OPTIONAL.

This shouldn't be made more difficult than it has to be.

Highlighted
Tracey R Member Since: Jun 20, 2019
38 of 109

I have a few items in my portfolio but I don't think I'm at my max, assuming there is one. I was trying to add another article and it's not letting me. It's trying to get me to set up a specialized profile, but I don't want to.  This hasn't been an issue in the past so I don't know if this is a new change?  Is there any way around this? I just want to add it to my general portfolio. Any way to do this?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
39 of 109

Hi Tracey,

Please know that this is working as designed. This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allow freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. You may read more about it here through this announcement post. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
40 of 109

Goran V wrote:

Hi Tracey,

Please know that this is working as designed. This is to encourage users to create specialized profiles as this allow freelancers to better customize their skills and experience. You may read more about it here through this announcement post. Thank you.

Goran, that post announces the new portfolio templates. Scrolling through the thread, we learn that all FLs who want to add anything to their portfolio are now forced to create a specialized profile even if they only do one thing and prefer to use a general profile. Questions about why this change was made remain unanswered. As Scott said, it makes no sense whatsoever.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS