🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am underage so I have to use my fathers Ban...
Page options
66e11fcd
Community Member

I am underage so I have to use my fathers Bank Account.

I am currently 17 and will turn 18 in December and right now I am under contract and so to take the payment I have to use my fathers bank account,and now I am getting an error stating that the "Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name." Attached to it is a picture of my smart card,proof that the account belongs to my father as well as a bank statement.

**Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

Chaudhry Imran S wrote:

I am currently 17 and will turn 18 in December and right now I am under contract and so to take the payment I have to use my fathers bank account,and now I am getting an error stating that the "Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name." Attached to it is a picture of my smart card,proof that the account belongs to my father as well as a bank statement.

You have to be 18 before you can work on Upwork. According to your profile, ("My 14+ years of studying and writing in english") you've been writing since you were 3 years old?

re: "you've been writing since you were 3 years old?"

I believe it.

There are people in my family who have been writing English since before I was even born.

66e11fcd
Community Member

Yes Sir since I started my school days I have studied and written english.I
am more good in english than my own native language
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chaudhry Imran,

Upwork requires users to be 18 years or older to utilize the site. Please check this Help Article for more details.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further advise you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members