Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am upside down!

noirre
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
1 of 9

Well, at least my uploaded picture is... Not the one I have now, but the one I tried to update to. This happened in four browsers:

Google Chrome

Opera

Mozilla Firefox

Safari

Two of which I just downloaded to test the problem out.

I also cannot see the little circle on the photo, although if I click on the uploaded photo, an avatar-mock up does appear.

Anyone else having this problem? 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 9

Does it rotate 180 degrees? A hack I would try -- get out Photoshop (or even Paint) and flip the image 180 degrees and try to upload it. See if it "fixes" the problem.

noirre
Community Guru
3 of 9

Yes, it's been flipped 180 degrees. I'd try your suggestion otherwise, but since the circle for "framing" my avatar picture is missing as well, I cannot grab it to zoom out enough to make a good profile picture - currently, I might only get my nostrils or my mouth in the frame... ._.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
4 of 9

@Hanna N wrote:

...since the circle for "framing" my avatar picture is missing as well, I cannot grab it to zoom out enough to make a good profile picture - currently, I might only get my nostrils or my mouth in the frame... ._.

Hanna,

Make lemonade: 

• Hire someone who "nose" how to meet your needs!
  • Hire someone who puts her mouth where your money is!

Um, OK, I'm going to quite while I'm "behind."

Best,

Michael

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 9

"Hanna,

Make lemonade: 

• Hire someone who "nose" how to meet your needs!
  • Hire someone who puts her mouth where your money is!

Um, OK, I'm going to quite while I'm "behind."

Best,

Michael"

Some people just  can't resist! Smiley Very Happy

But perhaps, just perhaps, CS could help?

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 9

Have you tried lifting your monitor slightly on one side and rolling it into place?

noirre
Community Guru
7 of 9

Well if I had known that my nostrils might be the only side I can show prospective clients on UpWork, I would have invested in grooming products of different kind... Smiley Tongue

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 9

Hi Hanna,

If you are still experiencing the issue, could you please submit a support ticket with a screenshot? I was not able to replicate the problem you are having, so we'll need to see what you see.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
noirre
Community Guru
9 of 9

Hi Valeria,

the problem does still persist, so I took a couple of screenshots and submitted a ticket.

Not that this is a such a bad error, I just thought that now that I have a new picture that does not involve moss-green hair, I might as well update it... I take this to mean that UpWork prefered me as a redhead instead of a blonde. Smiley Tongue

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS