cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I and my Client had Accounts Suspended

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 26

Hi Hassan,

I am sorry that your account was suspended. Please, continue communicating with the Team through the ticket in order to have the situation clarified and the issue resolved. The Risk Management Team is working as fast as they can to have it resolved soon.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sham P Member Since: Jan 25, 2015
22 of 26

I am Sham pal. Yesterday night Odesk team suspended my account, And all jobs Closed by Customer Support. And dashbord this message Financial transactions for Sham Pal () have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support. and My client also suspend account And suspends our account without warning.

Please help..

Thanks

sham 

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
23 of 26

I can't believe this is still going on. I'm so sorry you people are being abused this way.

I just accepted a job today and now I'm terrified to work for fear this may happen to me. I haven't been able to work for awhile and now this stuff has me scared to even try. I don't want to work for nothing and DO NOT want to go through the hassle and embarasement of having this happen.

Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
25 of 26

These stories are really frigtening . I work with thinking now that upwork can close account without really serious reasons .

I understand that each case is different but maybe Upwork cn give general advices to us to avoid it . I think these people are not scammers and did their best to respect guideleines ....but maybe some mistakes...Can we know what are the problems to avoid these situations in the future ?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 26

Hi Olivier,

Here is a thread you can refer to in order to learn more about reasons why accounts may get suspended. See original post by Monica. It's an old post but essentially the reasons for account suspensions are still the same.

I hope this information helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
26 of 26

Thanks a lot Valeria . i read it and understand . But it seems that it is very different in the cases escribed now . And if it is a fraud ok . But in many cases it is a suspicion only . How to avoid this suspicion ? and why closing account before checking them ? it seems so rude !

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS