cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I and my Client had Accounts Suspended

Ace Contributor
Karen Michelle B Member Since: Nov 19, 2014
11 of 26
Same problem with mine. I was also "accused" that I am using multiple accounts and that my account is linked to that of my freelancer. My financial transaction was put on hold and worst, Odesk support has been very unresponsive. I will just send them my identification and ask for ids also to my freelancer to prove that I have no association with his own Odesk account. I just hope this won't take much long as this is emotionally and mentally frustrating. I hope Odesk will learn something out of this issues.
Kevin K Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
12 of 26

Karen

I know what you mean and when money is involved it hurts. I can't trust oDesk after this. It took too long. What they should have done is pretty simple. ASK US FIRST! If we don't respond, fine, hold our accounts until we respond, don't make us wait for OVER 8 days to do anything about it.

Kevin

Ace Contributor
Karen Michelle B Member Since: Nov 19, 2014
13 of 26
Hello Kevin,

How's your account? Is is still on hold? Unfortunately, mine is still on hold, it's been 5 days I think upon my account being put on limit. Smiley Sad I have sent scanned ids to Odesk support and asked valid ids to my freelancer to prove that we are separate indiciduals and that I don't use multiple accounts with different names Smiley Sad I hope they should give us warnings first ot verify first before they suspend an account directly. They are very fast in suspending accounts but very slow in their response to solve the issue. I am still frustrated and very disappointed as I haven't received updates yet. Smiley Sad
Kevin K Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
14 of 26

Hello Karen

It took 8 days but it is now cleared. I'm sorry to hear yours is still in the oDesk waste land of total disregard for it's customers. I had to wait 8 days for them to even ask me for my ID and credit card PHOTO!!! Once they asked for it, I sent it within an hour and then they fixed it within a hour or so of that. In the meantime all the jobs I had applied for had been terminated by oDesk, which I'm sure those potential clients are now wondering about me and thinking it would be better not to do business with me...

Also, and this is a kicker for anyone else out there with this issue. They tell you they suspect you and another random person as one and the same. oDesk tells you that it is ok to continue your existing contracts and they tell you that your earnings or on hold with the client they think is you... What they don't tell you is that ALL of your income is on hold!!! So you spend up to 7 days working only to find out that your earnings for that week are on hold and with different clients!! Now this is foul play.

Why oDesk can't just notify us that we need to provice ID when we sign up is anyones guess or why they can't ask us for it before shooting us in the foot and GREATLY upsetting people. It is very upsetting behaviour.

I found the phone number for for odesk and was able to talk to someone but they had no idea what was going on. Told me that there was no reason what so ever that my account should have been on hold. Random computer glitch.

... Anyway good luck Karen and all the others. Also good luck to oDesk in keeping our sensitve personal information safe. I really hope they don't keep the photo of my drivers license and the photo of my credit card online. I should point out that it is NOW online as I can see the files that I uploaded to oDesk in the help desk ticket which means... well you know what it means Russian hackers can as well.

Kevin

Deepak K Member Since: Jan 22, 2015
15 of 26

Hello there.

I am facing the same problem from yesterday where mine and my client's accounts were suspended with the same reason mentioned here by Cong Z.

I am in touch with the suppor team and have posted many tickets but none of these tickets have been entertained yet.

Just wondering if I would get any solution for this, as I am open to submit any identity/document required to confirm that I am the intended user of this account and it has not been linked to other account.

Valeria, can you please look into the matter and do the needful here.

Any help in this regards will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Deepak Kheterpal 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 26

Hi Deepak,

I am sorry to hear about your account suspension. Please, make sure you provide answers to questions asked by the Team in the open ticket and keep your communication through that ticket in order for the issue to be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
17 of 26

Hello Valeria,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I have posted few tickets with this regards but unfortunately none of my ticket is entertained yet. I understand the support team members have bunch of tickets posted daily which they need to handle based on priority.

So, I just hope mine will be entertaine ASAP, as oDesk is the only source of income for me and trust me I have never violated the oDesk terms and conditions knowingly.

Please do suggest how much time it generally takes to reinstate a suspended account and what generally requires to do the same. I am open to provide any verification document required.

Looking forward to hear from support team.

Regards,

Deepal

18 of 26

Hello Valeria,

Thanks, my account is reinstated back now.

I just kept communicating and provided all the necessary proofs oDesk required to prove that I and the client are different indentities.

And if anyone else if facing this same problem, I would suggest keep communicating and keep patience, since it generally takes 3 to 4 working days(at max) to respond a ticket and try to be polite and be truthful to oDesk support, and if they would think that you are a genuine person, and there is no fault of yours, then they will definitly reinstate your account.

Thanks

Hassan E Member Since: Jan 25, 2015
19 of 26

Exactly same this is happening with my account at the moment. Its been 6 days but the person who is reviewing all the details is really slow and suspended account of mine and my client's as well. I don't know who is this Risk Department person who is attacking on many freelancers. He should be fired right at the moment when he is mis judging these things and wasting valuable time of freelancers. We work hard to build our profiles clean and steady and these reviewers from Risk Department give us a **bleep** within few minutes and make us think that we made a mistake by building a profile on oDesk.

Hassan E Member Since: Jan 25, 2015
20 of 26

6 days ago, my account on oDesk got suspended (still suspended) and the reviewer who is reviewing my account is that slow and taking ages to reply back and to verify that everything is alright and in accordance with the poilicy.

Here's what happened actually:

1- My friend received an invitation on his profile from a client and he was busy at the moment in another assignment and he accepted the invitation and gave my skype id to client in contact message. Now me and client started conversation and i also told client about me and my friend. He was OK with that. After a month, client gave me contract and oDesk started thinking that Client ID is my own ID and I have multiple IDs. After giving all proofs and required documents as well to oDesk reviewer, account is still held and not being un-suspended. Client account also suspended, as well as my friends account. I want to know, what was done so wrong in all that oDesk gave **bleep** to all of our accounts and stopped us working further with all our funds blocked as well?

Is this how things work? We are not working outside, we are not breaking any rules and still even if they doubt you, they give you a kick on your bum.

I don't know what to do and still there is no reply from the reviewer after 15 hours passed from my last reply. oDesk, your review methods are not good at all. Try to talk on skype or call. This email **bleep** is not good and your reviewers are old age now. Either replace them or make it a better place. It happened to me 2nd time within 1 month.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS