🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I ask for help
Page options
zashkaruk
Community Member

I ask for help

I have been successfully working at Upwork since March of this year. It was perfect, I took the first order and received the coveted 5 stars. Prior to this, I received the status of Risen Talent. Then after 3 orders received 100% jss. And I continued to work successfully. For all 5 months of work, I successfully took 15 orders and for each of them I received my 5 stars and rave reviews from customers.

Also, I have a percentage of clients who will recommend me - 100%.
Now I have 2 regular customers with whom we work in harmony and understanding. The Upwork is for me the best place for a freelancer.

And on August 4, day X came.

They gave me a Top Rate. But at the same time, my jss to 92% ...

For me it is a tragedy.

I would like to know from knowledgeable people what to do?
I will work even better and more. But the problem is that I can’t get more than 5 stars.

Is it possible this rating drop due to one open order for which there were no payments for 2 months? The fact is that the client hired me and does not give me tasks ... And I thought that you should not constantly bother him. And did not touch this order.

But for me there was terrible news that jss became 92 percent.
I dreamed about Top Rate. I do not want jss to fall even lower.

I am ready to do everything job that this client asks for. But they don’t give me any tasks.

Maybe I should close the contract myself? But I do not want me to be further reduced jss because of this ...

What to do? I didn’t do anything wrong .. I just waiting for a client who is probably very busy .. But my jss falls ..

Help me figure this out. Please.

Respectfully,
Serhii

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad H wrote:

Hello Serhi,

Open contracts without any activity for 3 months also affect your JSS badly. This happened to me also.

**ONLY** if nothing was ever paid under the contract, in which case it does not matter if it is open for 2+ months or closed with no feedback.

If it is an hourly contract you may want to consider logging 10 minutes of time while you write to the client one last time to explain that you are going to close the contract next month (or whatever.)

Once those 10 minutes are charged they will reverse the "nothing paid" effect, at which point your JSS will return to normal if this was the only negative effect in your calculation window. If it is a fixed rate contract submit and request $ 1.00 (changing the milestone / request payment amount to $ 1.00)

otherwise you have to do it before next JSS update.

closing it without payment does no good at all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
optimist178
Community Member

Hello Serhi,

Open contracts without any activity for 3 months also affect your JSS badly. This happened to me also. You should request your client to close the contract otherwise you have to do it before next JSS update.

Thank You

Thank you very much for your answer!

Serhii Z wrote:

Thank you very much for your answer

> Is it possible this rating drop due to one open order for which there were no payments for 2 months?

^^^ that is likely your problem, but the $0 contract will also affect you so you're in a lose-lose situation. Might as well get it over with if you think the client isn't coming back. Rip off the bandaid and just get it done. It falls off in 6 months.

Muhammad H wrote:

Hello Serhi,

Open contracts without any activity for 3 months also affect your JSS badly. This happened to me also.

**ONLY** if nothing was ever paid under the contract, in which case it does not matter if it is open for 2+ months or closed with no feedback.

If it is an hourly contract you may want to consider logging 10 minutes of time while you write to the client one last time to explain that you are going to close the contract next month (or whatever.)

Once those 10 minutes are charged they will reverse the "nothing paid" effect, at which point your JSS will return to normal if this was the only negative effect in your calculation window. If it is a fixed rate contract submit and request $ 1.00 (changing the milestone / request payment amount to $ 1.00)

otherwise you have to do it before next JSS update.

closing it without payment does no good at all.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths