cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I badly need an online job

Roy Roger T Member Since: Feb 26, 2014
1 of 2
Hi y'all. Good day to y'all. I am new here in oDesk and I am looking for a new job. I have completed all the necessary requirements to complete my profile however until now I have no luck in getting anything. Can anyone give me an advice how I can get a job here? What are the things I need enable for me to land a job here? I am a Sales Supervisor in Dubai and now back here in the Philippines for good. I am also a Senior Customer Service Supervisor here in the Philippines before I left. I would really appreciate it if you could give me an advice. Thank y'all
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 2
1) $38.89 is a little optimistic considering that you don't have a track record at oDesk. I think you're going to have trouble convincing clients to shell out that sort of money without *proving* that you're worth it 2) Test score is below average. I'd hide that one (you can re-take it a month after a test is taken); take a few more to pad your skills out and hide the ones with low scores. 3) "2nd sentence of your overview: [quote] I was told that I am a good listener and often times asks for advises by my friends and associates.[/quote] s/b [quote] I am told that I am a good listener and am often asked for advice by my friends and associates.[/quote] 4) [quote]I have been awarded as "Employee of the Month" for 5 consecutive months.[/quote] s/b [quote]I have received the "Employee of the Month" award for 5 consecutive months.[/quote] NOTE: You should say which workplace gave you this award. 5) There are a few errors in your employment history too. You do seem a little prone to flipping between past/present/future tenses in the same sentence; so if you're looking for an area of your English to improve, tenses might be a good start. 6) There's no work examples. Hard to know what you could put as a sales supervisor; but maybe you could get a few glowing references from past/present employers and add them in. Overall your profile impression is not unfavourable; but you're pricing yourself optimistically and the errors in your written English do not jibe well with your claims to teach it. Your profile, basically, is your sales page. Use it to make yourself an attractive commodity. Then apply hard for jobs that you know you can do.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS