Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can bid on my own jobs?????

jpendrigh
Ace Contributor
James P Member Since: Oct 1, 2017
1 of 7

While I am mainly a freelancer on upwork, I have created one single job as a client.  To my slight surprise, the job showed up in my freelancer job feed.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on submit a proposal and the system appeared to be happy for me to do it.

I didn't actually fill out the proposal form or attrmpt to actually submit it but this surely isn't good. This could allow all kinds of abuse of the system.....

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 7

Hi James,

Can you please send me a PM with the screenshot of the job post you are referring to as well as a screenshot of your job feed. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
joanbonjoc
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
3 of 7

Hi James, Your freelancer account and client account are kept separate, that is why you were able to apply to your own job post. However, please note that we don't allow self-hiring, those that tried to create a client account and hire their freelancer account will lead to suspension.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
4 of 7

Jo-An, I believe what James was asking is ...

1. Was this a one-time glitch in the system?

2. If not, it should be addressed and corrected.

jpendrigh
Ace Contributor
James P Member Since: Oct 1, 2017
5 of 7

I've only posted one job and hired (someone else) already. However, my point, as already said by Wendy C, is that this should not have been allowed to happen.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

James,

I'll check with the team and we'll investigate if this is possible by design or there is an issue.

Thanks for bringing me up.

~ Valeria
Upwork
zoomconcepts
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
7 of 7

It's probably a natural selection filter - there's no reason to hire yourself other than attempted feedback manipulation and methinks that'll be pretty obvious in the system. Immensely helpful for keeping the lowest level of scammers out; I say keep it and just add an automatic system flag for selfhires.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS