cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not bid less then $4

Highlighted
Nasima K Member Since: Nov 2, 2013
1 of 26
I can not bid less then $4 for each hourly job. It's said "Please enter an amount between $4 and $899.1". I am working as a web researcher, data entry, seo, smm etc, in this area clients not give more then 3$/hr, 2$/hr, 1$/hr so what's we guys do. so, please change to previous format.
Highlighted
Amir G Member Since: Mar 14, 2011
2 of 26
This is radicoulous! very stupid action done by even more stupid decision makers on odesk, need to hire somebody for $2.78 and odesk does not allow! THIS IS TIME OF SUICIDE FOR ODESK. If as an employer I can't hire less than $4.44 I will go to eLance or any other place that would allow me to freely hire on the agreed rate. $4.44 is NOT minimum wage in a lot of countries minimum wage is $.50 so what the hell is going on with odesk i have no idea. I am one of the oldest employers on odesk and they started being horrible so soon
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
3 of 26
Not even at Elance you can hire at $2.78. The minimum is $3 for hourly and $20 for fixed contracts.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 26
This does not have to do with minimum wage. It has to do with oDesk determining how it can best make a profit.
Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 26
Read Amir's comment, he's complaining that he can't hire at $2.78 and that he will go to Elance. I just wanted to point out that Elance has a minimum hourly rate of $3 - billed to client $3.29, so not even there he will be able to hire.
Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 26
I know what he said. I was just pointing out that Elance's and oDesks' decisions don't have to do with a national minimum wage. They are business decisions. He was talking about minimum wages in different countries. There must be a point at which oDesk is earning so little commission from a job that the cost of administration is higher than the commission received. There is also the possibility that oDesk is concerned that its reputation as a place to find cheap (and therefore probably not very highly skilled) contractors is turning away clients who would be willing to pay more money for higher quality work and turning away highly skilled contractors who could attract more pay.
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 26
I just did a test, clients are able to hire at $2. It's complicated. I'm all for free market, but there are just so many "cents" offers on oDesk, something needs to be done. I also think oDesk might be concerned with its cheap reputation.
Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 26
I think there are different thresholds for different jobs.
Highlighted
ahmed al a Member Since: Feb 28, 2010
9 of 26
I cant bid anything lower then $4 for last few weeks,why is that?
Highlighted
Michael I Member Since: Apr 23, 2014
10 of 26
I just read your comment that some countries minimum wage is $.50 I will like to you to do this for me. Just go to that country and start residing there. Don't you have conscience. Do you want to make slaves out of them or you want to give them a better live. Shame on you.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS