🐈
» Forums » Support » I can not take an offer. Error error has occu...
Page options
ashley-cornett
Community Member

Can't Accept or Decline Invitation to Interview

I recently received an Invitation to interview for a job. I reviewed the job description and message from client, and then went to respond accordingly, only to find that the button to do so is missing.

Sometimes if I don't respond in time and they've chosen someone else there will be a "this job is now closed" message in place of the button but that's not there either. I was considering declining the job anyway so I just left it and figured it would resolve itself, but after a couple days it's still like this, and I'm worried it's going to negatively impact my response time rate that other clients see.

I've checked on Safari, Chrome, and mobile, and it's the same on all of them. No button to accept or decline. Is there something I can do to remedy this, or is this a bug on Upwork's end?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working as fast as possible on solving this issue. 

We will follow up on this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Please feel free to let us know if you still experience any issues on your end. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

122 REPLIES 122
inerc
Community Member

Good afternoon, for several hours now I can not accept an offer from my client. Error Error appears has occurred. Please try again later
I tried to clean the cache and go to a different browser and device

Help me please.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evegnii,

Can you please clarify if you're trying to accept the offer by using the link in Messages from Upwork mobile app? Please try accepting the offer from a computer from the Proposals page and let us know if you're still seeing the error.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
inerc
Community Member

Good afternoon. The error remains, I'm trying to do this from my page.

The task is a lowercase for my customer. Please, help

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evegnii,

Thanks for following up. I'll ask our team to take a look and reach out to you directly with an update shortly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
inerc
Community Member

Thanks, I'll wait

kiatin
Community Member

Hi Vladimir G,

I got offer from client but can not accept it, it appear an error.

Kindly help me because this is an urgent situation.

Please find attachment below. And here is the offer link: 

I am looking forward to your message. 

Best Regards, 

Tin Nguyen 

Hi Tin,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello sir, 
I have a question regarding the Invitation acceptance. 
My previous client sent me an invitation for a new job, But the thing is I cannot able to accept that invitation, Upwork says"

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

" this error. Another issue is mt client's budget is now in escrow but I cannot see any job regarding this invitation in my Contact and job dashboard So there is no way to upload my work to her. 

Please concern my issue, waiting for your reply.
Thank you 
Yaa S. 

Hi Yaxa,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked on the invitation and it looks like you already declined it.

As for the amount in escrow, can you please go to this page and check if you can find the job there? Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
shelariva
Community Member

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. I changed browsers, cleared the cache, and tried different devices as well. 

Hi Shela,

I checked and would like to clarify that the job post for the invitation you're referring to is no longer available. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that there are no invites under the "Invitations to interview" section.

You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

You can still see your proposal on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashley,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into this concern and assist you accordingly. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ashley-cornett
Community Member

For anyone who also encounters this issue, it looks like it was just a glitch and the job was in fact closed. Thank you Upwork team for looking into this and contacting me!

Also saw this recently, with no resolution.

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for your message. Could you please share the job post link or title so that we can check this for you?

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you, Pradeep. The invitation has vanished.

Hello Pradeep,

My name is Lisa. I am facing this same issue. I was sent an invitation to interview (that I want to decline) but there is no button to decline (or accept). Additionally, there is no message in my 'messages' section as there normally is for an invitation. 

This is the link to the job:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please let me know if you need a link to the page with the actual invite that is missing the decline button.

I have a jpg and png screenshot of the page that will not attach to this message.  I am getting a bold red banner with a message on this page that says: "The file type (.jpg) is not supported. Valid file types are: .jpg, .gif, .pdf, .pptx, .wmv, .png."

Hi Lisa,

I checked and would like to clarify that the job post for the invitation you're referring to is no longer available. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that there are no invites under the "Invitations to interview" section.

You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for getting back to me about this. If the job was closed, I don't know why I got an email notification about the invite. The client must have closed the job almost immediately. 

I appreciate you taking the time to give me clarity on this.  : )

Best wishes, 

Lisa

saleemzaryab
Community Member

Facing the issue when I accept the intreview invitation and after writing proposal I press submit "Something went wrong" shows up. When i remove urls present in my propsal, my proposal get submitted succesfully. Need help!

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while submitting proposals with links. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

No one reached me yet.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm facing the same problem, Please need your support ASPA.

Hi Binka,

~ Nikola
Upwork
3978bc89
Community Member

That's not like that, It's happing with each and every invitation, so please check my profile to resolve my issue. 

Hi Binka,

Thank you for clarifying and sorry to hear this is happening with every invitation. One of our agents will be reaching out directly to assist you further via a support ticket.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sohaib_arif_
Community Member

same issue 

Hi Sohaib,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble accepting an offer. I can see that you have already submitted a support ticket. One of our team members will update your ticket and assist you further to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
hafsabukhary
Community Member

I got an invite for this job https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01fcc46c4a797debaf

Now there is no accept or decline option on mobile or web.

Hi Hafsa,

Looks like the client closed their job post, which you can check under the Archived interviewsThis is why you're unable to respond to it.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gursino
Community Member

Same issue here, for the jobs https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01fcb86dd3112f87e2  and
https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~014c12c0aa3774dfec
Jobs are not closed from what I can see.

Hi Giuliano,

You can see these job posts have been closed by going to Find Work > Proposals > Archived and checking the Archived interviews section.

~Andrea
Upwork
editsensei
Community Member

The same thing just happened to me in this new year. I supposedly received an email on Sunday, January 2, 2022, at 5:26 p.m. my time asking me to read the job proposal and respond. I check my email frequently using the Gmail app on my phone, and I NEVER SAW THAT EMAIL UNTIL THIS MORNING, MONDAY, JANAUARY 3, 2022. I would OF COURSE have responded right away on Sunday afternoon/evening if I had seen it then! But of course when I went to respond, NO BUTTON appeared to be able to do so. AND, I got a weird error message on my phone in reply that says INVALID OPENING STATUS, which I attached to this response. I altered the opening of my cover letter reply multiple times but still received this error message. Your website obviously has a glitch somewhere. Please fix it, especially so that I don't think of another phrase every time I see Upwork. You know what I mean!

d9f6682c
Community Member

Same issue - - any help, UpWork folks?

Hi Gwendolyn,

Are you referring to the most recent proposal? I checked and it looks like the job has already been closed. You may check it by going to Find Work> Proposals> Archived.

~ Joanne
Upwork
76c2d094
Community Member

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Same issue here

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kareem, 

I'm sorry for the confusion. I checked the job post you are referring to, and it looks like the client has already filled it. Since the job is already filled, the job is already closed, which is why you're unable to accept the invitation. This sometimes happens when the system has yet to update the job on your end, so it looks like there is no button to accept the invitation. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am getting the same error since yesterday. It happened once yesterday so I believed the job may have been removed, but I got 2 new invites today and the same thing is happening to both, and one invite I got 5 minutes ago, and it still says 'proposal not found'.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths