🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can't activate freelancer plus membership!
Page options
rank_higher
Community Member

I can't activate freelancer plus membership!

Hello there!

I have sufficient funds on my Upwork profile but why I can't activate freelancer plus membership?

When I'm going to active membership plus they say- "Please add a billing method to continue."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sayed,

Thank you for your message. You will need to add a billing method while upgrading your membership plan so that you enjoy uninterrupted renewals of your membership every month even when you do not have sufficient earnings on your Upwork account. Rest assured, your membership payment will be attempted from your Upwork earnings first and then your billing methods in case you do not have sufficient funds in your Upwork account.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rank_higher
Community Member

Hello there!

I have sufficient funds on my Upwork profile but why I can't activate freelancer plus membership?

PradeepH

Hi Sayed,

Thank you for your message. You will need to add a billing method while upgrading your membership plan so that you enjoy uninterrupted renewals of your membership every month even when you do not have sufficient earnings on your Upwork account. Rest assured, your membership payment will be attempted from your Upwork earnings first and then your billing methods in case you do not have sufficient funds in your Upwork account.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Thank you.

I thought I can purchase the plus membership with just my Upwork earnings without adding any payment method.

shah_zinat
Community Member

Hello!

I want to purchase agency plus, but currently, I have no connects in my agency, when I try to purchase connect and upgrade for agency plus using my Upwork balance, but can't. Now I am trying to add billing methods, there is no edit and insert option to add a card number there in billing methods. These options are just hidden for me.

Please help me to activate agency plus!

Thank you!

Hi Amjad,

Thank you for your message. You cannot use your balance on your freelancer account to upgrade your agency membership. To add the a new billing method, you will need to switch to your Agency from the drop down on the top right of your Upwork page and choose the 'Billing & payments' option. You will need to click the 'Add a new Billing Method' button. You can try upgrading to the Agency Plus plan after your billing method is successfully added.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
shah_zinat
Community Member

Hello Pradeep!

Please check out the screenshot I have attached. The problem is that when I try to add billing there is no edit and insert option to add a card number there in billing methods. These options are just hidden from me. WHY?

Hi Amjad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? Also, please make sure to use any of the supported browsers on this list. If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members