cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t apply less than $4/hour.oDesk Should stop this New feature.

Md.Sahriar N Member Since: Jul 20, 2012
1 of 9
I can’t apply less than $4 hourly from the last few months that why I am not getting any jobs from last 4 months. At the same level some of my friends can apply as they want they have no restrictions. Example 1: My friend robi opened a new account he with 0 odesk hours cannot apply less than $4/hour. Example 2: Me myself I can’t also apply less than $4/ hours, 1577 oDesk hours & 4.97 feedback. Profile link: https://www.odesk.com/users/~015e1d514e23be36c9 We are not at the same stage, but the problem is same. Example 3: My friend zakir worked more than 2500 hours he cannot apply less than $2/hours. Profile link: https://www.odesk.com/users/~01a59ce6b761d11e51 Example 4: My friend nafiz with 100 hours he also can not apply less than $4/hours. https://www.odesk.com/users/~013e06291ed4a67c4c And many of them can also apply $0.10 for the same job. Please think about these four freelancers, how your new system works. This isn't going correctly, there is no equity. What a very bad system…...: P We Love oDesk Very Much. Those who are facing the same problem, Please give feedback ..... thanks
Hasnat Z Member Since: Nov 1, 2012
2 of 9
I am sure you didn't get the right message oDesk is sending us via the feature. It is trying to develop a standard rate for all contractors. I am sure no one would bet 1 dollar for a $5 job just to get the project. Number of projects you complete is insignificant my friend. What matters is do you have quality or not. If you have quality, why are you afraid to quote more price? Yes, if you talk about making it compulsory for every contractor to bid AT LEAST $4 per project and no less. I am with you. Surely the different default rates for different people is a bug and oDesk needs to fix it.
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
3 of 9
The fact that there is no "standard" to the minimums is a problem. Why can one guy apply at $2.50 and the others at $4.00?
JAKIR K Member Since: Oct 5, 2012
4 of 9
It's not about quality there is a matter of fact. I have quality and i can work $4,$5, but the clients are not give me this rate on data entry project. if they do not give us job how can we earn, by the way some one can bid $2 or less but the similar job i can't apply less than $4 so why that clients give me the job for this rate, I have quality and he/she also the quality....... so this not good for us who can't apply under $2...
S. M. Abu S Member Since: Jun 30, 2013
5 of 9
For this problem i also not getting any good job form last 4 months.... So oDesk should change this features immediately. So i think at first oDesk should set minimum rate $3/hour for the client to hire a freelancer.
Kazi Nafiz A Member Since: Apr 4, 2013
6 of 9
This is a bad feature of odesk it should be stopped imadiately .
Iqbal H Member Since: Sep 19, 2013
7 of 9
This is a so bad feature.oDesk should stop this feature immadiately otherwise freelancer will leave odesk.
Md.Rabiul I Member Since: Feb 18, 2014
8 of 9
I think need to change the system.Still I can't get any job.If it will be continue,must leave odesk for crises of work.
PRADEEP C Member Since: May 30, 2011
9 of 9
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS