🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I can't ask a question here from my real ...
Page options
ilinca_radu
Community Member

I can't ask a question here from my real account account

Hello!

I created this account because I can't ask questions on community from my other account. When I try to choose a category ( location ), it simply won't let me choose anything.  Could someone from support help me?

Thank you, and have a nice day!

15 REPLIES 15
ilinca_radu
Community Member

This is my actual account. Now, after creating the new account, I'm allowed to post with this one as well. However, before, when I was trying to choose a category ( location ), it wouldn't show abolutely anything in the drop down menu.

Can someone explain why this happens, and hopefully tell me what to do, in case it happens again? Because always creating a new account and then deleting it, just to be able to post a question isn't the best workaround.

Cheers!

Ok. That's weird, even if I LOGGED out from the new account, and LOGGED IN the account I'm actually using, I posted in the community from the NEW one.

I made sure I logged out of everything, then went back into my old account and tried to reply to this message, and I received this note, I hope it helps.

Radu I wrote:

Ok. That's weird, even if I LOGGED out from the new account, and LOGGED IN the account I'm actually using, I posted in the community from the NEW one.

I made sure I logged out of everything, then went back into my old account and tried to reply to this message, and I received this note, I hope it helps.

You are not allowed two accounts on Upwork. You need to contact customer support and ask them to help you with the first account and to close the second account you created.  I have flagged your post so that a moderator can help you. 

Hello Nichola!

Thanks for your answer! Yes, I already knew that I'm not allowed to have more than one, but since my actual account won't allow me to even CONTACT support, there was no other way but creating a new one and asking for help.

As soon as my problem will be solved, I'll delete this one. Until then, it's litterally my only way to communicate here.

Cheers!

JoanneP

Hi Radu,

Can you please send me a PM with your other account's userID or email so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can t reply from that account anymore either!!! What is going on?

Really, it's ridiculous. I have my own account for years, then I find out that I can t post questions for reasons I don t know. I create a secondary account, JUST TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH A MODERATOR, and it becomes useless as well since it can t post anymore questions or DM moderators.

THIS IS THE THIRD ACCOUNT just to be able to communicate. Can someone just explain this to me?

My user id is**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Radu,

I checked your account and can confirm that the hold on your original account was lifted, and you should be able to post in the community now.

I would also strongly suggest closing your other 2 accounts as soon as possible, having more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran!

Thank you for showing interest for my situation. I just tried to post a question from my original account, and the problem is still there. Nothing changed. Until this is fixed, the other accounts are my only way to communicate with you.

Therefore, until my problem will be solved, or Upwork will offer me an alternate way to communicate with support, I'll need them. 

I'd also like to have an explanation for all this.

The original account was deactivated for a while. I asked for its reactivation. And everything went just fine.

A few days a go when I tried posting on community, I was receiving a message saying I have no authority to do so. Which is weird, since I should have had a fully functional account.

I attached below the message that KEEPS appearing.

Note that I'm writting you from a THIRD account I created, because the second one presented the same issues after 24 hours.

So if the problem won't be solved today, I'll just need to make a 4th one, and a 5th one, and so on until I'll manage to finally have my original account properly working.

**Edited for community guidelines**

And I'm not allowed to post or message in community.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Radu,

Could you please log out of the Community, make sure you're logged into your original account and log back into the Community? You should be able to post now. It appears when the closed account was restored, its access to the Community wasn't fully restored. It should be fixed now.

Please, make sure you close the new accounts you created.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I just checked. And now it is fully functional. A big thank you for everyone who got involved and helped.

Have a nice day everyone!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths