🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I can't be found in google and even searc...
Page options
syedtmzd
Community Member

I can't be found in google and even searching on Upwork

Hello,

I have been using Upwork for over 4 years now. However, I can't be found by searching my full name on Google or Upwork. My profile link is given below,

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016078df5934aeb0d9

Please let me know, what I can do to resolve the issue.

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Put your full name in the free-form profile overview text (where you write paragraphs introducing yourself).

By default, Upwork doesn't show your full name in the profile page title.

But also:
Keep in mind that it does not matter if anybody can do a Google search or an Upwork search and find you by typing in your full name.

Nobody is coming to Upwork to search for freelancers using your full name. Clients search and browse using key words relating to tasks and skills and specific technologies.

Searching for yourself using your name is a waste of time.

If any client actually knows YOU, then you can simply send them your profile page URL.

But if someone searches me using my name, they can't find me specifically. And I don't show up by searching full name in Upwork. Also, I don't show up in google even though I have checked my settings to Public.

Searching a full name on Upwork doesn't work for the same reason it doesn't show the full name.

For how long was your profile set to public?

Someone is looking to search me by name and can't find me. I need that person to find me with only my name for a particular reason but I can't find myself. It was always set on Public.

petra_r
Community Member

Syed I wrote:

But if someone searches me using my name,

Why would anyone do that anyway?

Syed I wrote:

I actually need someone to find me in Upwork using my name. Is there any way that will be possible?

No, you don't. If that is someone who you know, simply send them your profile link

tlbp
Community Member

Syed I wrote:

But if someone searches me using my name, they can't find me specifically. And I don't show up by searching full name in Upwork. Also, I don't show up in google even though I have checked my settings to Public.

Stop searching for yourself. Upwork doesn't use full names, so searching for your full name is pointless. Upwork specifically forbids you from disclosing your full name on the platform in your profile so you can't be identified and located outside Upwork until you are hired. That's why people have to become clients to hire Upwork freelancers. 

"Keep in mind that it does not matter if anybody can do a Google search or an Upwork search and find you by typing in your full name." - I actually need someone to find me in Upwork using my name. Is there any way that will be possible?

Upwork searches don't work like Google searches.

But a lot of times searches CAN be done using a freelancer's full name, when a client or another person does the search.

Sometimes a freelancer can NOT succeed in searching for himself by name, but other users CAN succeed.

I don't know if you are going to get any more useful information about this. You have already been provided with a lot of information and advice. And you haven't explained why someone needs to find you on Upwork using your name. You have already completed 40 jobs. You are clearly already able to get hired and work on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members