cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't delete my account...

Amanda N Member Since: Mar 27, 2015
1 of 4

In the process of signing up for odesk, my account was suspended (thanks).  After not hearing back from customer service for over a month, I just want this account deleted.  I can't do that, however, as my account is suspended.  That makes zero sense to me.  Who can I speak to regarding wiping this account from odesk? My experience, while brief, has been incredibly hostile.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4
Amanda, I don't know how much time you want to spend on this. Because whether or. It you actually succeed in "deleting " you account or not, it won't make any difference. ODesk needs to keep your account information so they can protect against the creation of duplicate accounts. So the most you could hope to accomplish is hiding your account slightly more. You can't truly delete it, no matter what anybody in customer service tells you.

By the way, it is normal for new accounts to be suspended pending further review of the new profile. This is typically just a temporary issue which is easily resolved.

You may have misinterpreted the whole situation due to your inexperience with the platform and due to the sometimes Pleistocene-era level of communication skills possessed by some customer support representatives.
Amanda N Member Since: Mar 27, 2015
3 of 4
Oh, no. I was suspended directly after that. They claimed it had to do with my photo, so I changed it to one that was clearer. It wasn't good enough, apparently (I don't know; it's been a month since I asked for a review).
I was suspended and disabled all while setting the account up.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Amanda,

I am really sorry about the experience of miscommunication you have had on oDesk so far. A freelancer's profile overview as well as the profile picture have to meet the standards in order for the profile to be approved. Should you decide to continue working on the platform, please update your profile according to the information in this help article and we'll be happy to approve it. Should you decide not to continue, you can make your profile private.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS