cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't download files attached on message

remargavino123
Remar G Member Since: Jan 30, 2020
21 of 26

I just found out that I can't download some of PDF files that's my client sent over to me. I says "The file you’re trying to download could not be scanned." We do this for 2 years I think and just found out recently when I start working today what seems to be a problem?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
22 of 26

Remar:
I have been reading the threads here in the Forum, and a lot of people experienced similar problems over the past few days. Probably due to some new change in Upwork's file transfer systems.

Personally, I never encounter problems like this, and you don't need to either.

All you need to do is use a tool that is actually intended for file transfers and which does not interfere so aggressively with the process. Pick one of these or anything you like:

FTP

Dropbox

WeTransfer

email

File.com

USB flashdrive

Google Drive

Microsoft One Drive

[etc.]

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
23 of 26

Hi Remar, 

Please know that this is a known issue and our engineers are working to resolve it. I will go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
crazymouse
John P Member Since: Jun 17, 2019
24 of 26

Hi, just over the last 30 days, when potential prospects try opening up my sample presentations, they get the message that the fikes are "unsafe" resulting in a significantly reduced number of rewards. Any idea as to why this sudden change when sending a pdf? I've been sending the same pdf files for about a year. Attached are a couple of the files:

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
25 of 26

Hi John, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
caa6ff50
Benjamin H Member Since: Jun 14, 2020
26 of 26

FYI I figured out a work-around.  By opening Upwork.com on my phone with google (not the app) I was able to open the pdf files, save to books, then save from books to downloads, then email to my desktop from downloads.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS