🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can't get new jobs
Page options
92f24065
Community Member

I can't get new jobs

Hi, My name is kashif and I'm a video editor last 2 months gone I can't get new jobs. I need some support to get new jobs. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that you haven't gotten new projects in a while and that you need assistance with this. I checked your profile and it looks like you have a good work history with your previous clients. But it's been eleven days since you last submitted a proposal. I highly suggest that you continue sending proposals to jobs that fit your skills and experience. The more you send proposals, the more you increase the chances of getting noticed by clients

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
92f24065
Community Member

Hi, I'm video editor and I'm working on upwork almost 1 year but until I can't get long term client also all client like my work but didn't get long term client.

759e32fa

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that you haven't gotten new projects in a while and that you need assistance with this. I checked your profile and it looks like you have a good work history with your previous clients. But it's been eleven days since you last submitted a proposal. I highly suggest that you continue sending proposals to jobs that fit your skills and experience. The more you send proposals, the more you increase the chances of getting noticed by clients

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, I submit daily 4-5 purposal but didn't get response on my purposal and not have clients seen my purposals. Now I have not connects more for submit purposal two times I buy 90 connects. Last few days Upwork not increase my connects and also my weeks stop at 13 weeks for top rated. I want any friend who refer some clients which helps me to get job and continue my work. I really need work. Thanks again

Hi Kashif,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

Also, to earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

Please also check my recommendations above as they may help in improving your profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, Thank you so much. My job succes score already 100.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members