🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can't log in: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Page options
miaran
Community Member

I can't log in: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Hi,

I need some help. I can't log in.

First I received a message to verify I am a human.

Then, I tried to log in but after entering the password I get Error from Chrome:

'ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS'

I deleted all the cookies for upwork.com and any link I have with the 'upwork' word on it and tried again. I still can't log in, 

Any help /ideas are welcome

Thanks

Maria

114 REPLIES 114
5a1ecf34
Community Member

Hi, Joanne.

I also cann't to log in. Could do you please help me to solve this issue?

Thank you,
Kate

Hi Kate,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, Alexandar.

Unfornunately nobody reached me. Can you please ask anybody from your team members to help me again?

Kate
Actividady@gmail.com

Hi Kate,

I just checked your account and can confirm that our team is waiting on your response back on your ticket. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the link. I didnt see it before.

Kate

I'm also getting this issue. Cleared cache/cookies etc and no luck.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Tim. 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further to resolve your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
6607953c
Community Member

We're having this same issue as well - our admin can't log in (too many redirects), but others on the account can.

We need to approve a project and are unable to do so - any help would be appreciated.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you were able to reach out to our support team and they guided you regarding your concern. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I've been trying to login to my account for days now. I am getting the ERR chrome error like the others! Please help.

Hi Ahsan,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further with your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4154b355
Community Member

The same issue here, I've tried with Firefox and Chrome, cannot login to upwork

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with accessing your account. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
47791ee7
Community Member

It turned out that my country and city were not entered into my settings - tech support did it for me and I was good to go

c1fe6dbc
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing the same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksandr,

Could you please go to your account settings and choose the tab on the top-left, ''My Info''. Kindly try adding your address details, security question, and phone number in order to fix this error. 

If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7e4ca45f
Community Member

I'm having this problem as well. It happens right after I login, so I'm not able to change my account settings.

Hi Renu,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
1e9650d6
Community Member

I have the same problem with my account **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I keep getting too many redirect error message.

Hi Anthony,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles logging in. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having the same issue.

Can you have a look?

Edit: It keeps redirecting to this membership change plan url whenever clicking 'submit proposal': https://www.upwork.com/ab/account-security/login?redir=%2Fnx%2Fplans%2Fmembership%2Fchange-plan%3Fre...

Hi Frank,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to investigate the issue with the redirection.

Regarding your problem with proposals, it looks like you set yourself to be an exclusive member of your agency. As an exclusive member, you can only use the agency's membership plan and you have no Connects there or the Agency Plus membership that would allow you to buy Connects in the first place.

Right now, when you try to submit proposals, it's only letting you submit as an agency member. You need to select the Plus membership plan here and purchase Connects or change your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. If you switch the status, you can choose if you want to submit a proposal as an agency freelancer or not. 

To update your status, switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive'. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive'.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I don't need the agency profile anymore, only my personal freelancer
account.

Is this possible to set it up that way without losing reviews and history?

Frank

Hi Frank,

The contracts will remain on your profile if the agency is closed. If you want to close the agency, you can do so by following the steps outlined here or follow up here and we'll close it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

This error (to many redirects) is still happening, right after I log in on Chrome, deleting cookies doesn't change it.

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I'm facing this issue since last 2-3 weeks not sure why its happening with my user account? unable to apply to any job because of this error. Please resolve asap. Many Thanks!

Hi Chirag,

I'm sorry to hear about that. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My issue got resolved when the customer service person looked at my record and noticed that my address was incomplete - i think it was something small, like the country code wasnt present.  I bet this is the issue for most people with the same error

This is an old thread, but I'm getting the same issue 12/10/2021. Can't login into portal, 

This page isn’t working right now

www.upwork.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
963d4aed
Community Member

Hi, I know i'm late to this thread but I'm facing the same issue, it says 'upwork redirected too many times'. Please help

Hi Mankirat,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2d8758a7
Community Member

I'm having exactly the same problem. Tried every browser, cleared all caches and cookies. Nothing works.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this error. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths