🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I can't open a PDF that my client sent me...
Page options
jayasuarez
Community Member

I can't open a PDF that my client sent me.

Upwork keeps saying that it is not safe to open. Client is not responsive atm. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jaya:
The PDF file was probably fine.

But Upwork modifies PDF files, sometimes in ways that makes the files unusable.

So the correct colution is to use OTHER file transfer methods, such as FTP, Dropbox, email, WeTransfer, etc.

As a successful, professional freelancer, you should have a few favorite file transfer methods of your own, and you should be able to recommend these to clients that you work with.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jaya:
The PDF file was probably fine.

But Upwork modifies PDF files, sometimes in ways that makes the files unusable.

So the correct colution is to use OTHER file transfer methods, such as FTP, Dropbox, email, WeTransfer, etc.

As a successful, professional freelancer, you should have a few favorite file transfer methods of your own, and you should be able to recommend these to clients that you work with.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jaya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with downloading this file. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, yes please and thank you. Do you need the pdf file link? 

Hi Jaya,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team reached out to you to assist you further. Please log in to your account and check your ticket number: 28953833. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d750bf3f
Community Member

I am having an interview for a hiring @Red bull. Anytime I send him a PDF file, it is not readable. He is suspecting me and said he will report me to be suspended. 

Please help me 
Sent from Ernest 

Hi Ernest,

You might want to check with your client if they have a PDF reader on their computer. They need it to view the PDF file you are sending them. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b7adf2ca
Community Member

Hello,
I'm having the same challenge. The client shared the pdf work but upon opening it, it shows [ exe]. I've tried opening it on windows and Mac, non of them work.

Two different clients insisted the documents are in pdf, but they don't appear as so.

Is there a solution for this?

Kindly and urgently assist.

I might just lose this job and the fault isn't on my end.

Regards,

yofazza
Community Member

If it's .exe, most likely it's actually "working as intended" after you open it. You should now make sure the computer is clean before typing senstive information such as passwords.

And sorry but scams are common in here.

b7adf2ca
Community Member

I couldn't risk trying to open it, since the client started insisting I share with him the ID to any desk.

That was such a red flag to me.

I asked him multiple times to convert the document to the normal pdf, and he refused.

Red flag again.

I decided to decline the offer and move on.

I've so far declined jobs twice, because of such documents.

If upwork isn't safe with regulation, where is?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths