🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can't save my profile
Page options
s_zellini
Community Member

I can't save my profile

Hello,

I've just created a profile but I can't save it. The website says that I should still complete it, but I wrote all needed informations and I don't understand what is stil missing. As possibilities I've only: “Review Application“, “Create a client Account instead“, “delete my profile“. I was wondering if I should wait for the official approval of the website or if I just did something wrong.

122 REPLIES 122

I can't submit my profile as the only options it sjows are 'preview profile' and 'back' even though I have been trying from various browsers and have also cleared cache. Each time it doesn't submit I have to fill out he expertise portion of the form again. Your help would be appreciated.

a9365312
Community Member

I am facing the same problem. I have tried everything. Please help.

Hi Emaan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
8e9cef90
Community Member

Hey, 
I'm stuck in a loop in the profile creation form. 

Clicking preview profile at the end of the form leads me back to the top of the form. 
Do not see a submit button. Tried on multiple browsers. 
Cleared Cache and Cookies multiple times. 

Would appreciate any help. 

Hi Tanish and Soumya,

I shared this with our team and one of our team members will reach out to each one of you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello! I'm at the very beginning here. I don't have the 'submit' button to send my profile for review. Am I just blind or it's really working differently? How can I submit my profile?

Hi Daria,

As far as I know, there are no such buttons. If there are I would love to know about it. By the way, I enjoyed reading your profile.

There is a thread on the forum where experienced freelancers voluntarily review the profile of a newcomer. I got mine reviewed there. Here is the link.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Get-Profile-Feedback-from-Experienced-Freelancers-on-U...

Salima, thank you for your reply!

Oh, really? I meant when you first create a profile and fill it with info – it says you need to get approval from Upwork, so you can start working.

I filled everything, but there's no option to send it to tech support or whoever.
Is it a bag, or I just misunderstood everything?)

Hi Daria,

I am sorry for the late response. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello!

I am trying to join Upwork, however I keep getting a repeating problem. The issue is that once I've fully filled in my profile, the site redirects me right back to the "Expertise" section, which is now surprisingly half empty. I have filled out the information again multiple times, however, the same issue occurs each time I reach the end. 

I have tried a different browser, incognito mode and clearing cookies and cache. Nothing helps - the expertise section always somehow ends up half empty, although I've filled in all the information correctly and the section showcases a green checkmark while I'm filling in the rest of the sections. When I get to the end, the green checkmark turns gray and suddenly half of the boxes in that section are empty again.

What can I do? Thanks!

Hi Iina,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.30.41 AM.pngHello! Would someone please be able to help me with this issue? I have completed every single step of the Profile page (...six times...), but Upwork is not saving my information. I am redirected to Page 2, 'Expertise', every single time I complete the page. I try opening a new window and typing in the domain www.upwork.com, and I am again re-directed to Page 2 'Expertise." So Upwork isn't even letting me access any of its website at the moment, literally just the profile page. Also, every single time i am re-directed, I have to re-select "What is the main service you offer?" and also complete the check boxes again. I have to re-enter my address each time too. Then, on the final 'Phone' step, I click "Preview Profile" and am AGAIN re-directed to Page 2!!!!!!! Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.35.39 AM.pngWhy isn't this saving? I'm about ready to walk away from the website entirely. Yet, it is storing my profile image information. Just doesn't make sense. Thank you for any help in advance!

Hi Hannah,

I am sorry for the late response. I shared this with our team one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0a8a3ee0
Community Member

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to help , i appreciate it greatly. 

mtaf
Community Member

I can't save my profile

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marisol,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zwarych-emilia
Community Member

Hello! I've been trying to complete my profile for a few days, but whenever I try to submit it for review the page refreshes to the 'Expertise' section. I've looked through community posts and tried every suggestion I can find (different browser/os, clear cache, double-check for Chrome autofill answers). I can view jobs, but it says that I can't submit a proposal until my profile is complete. I tried to submit a support request, but it's not listed in the 'My Requests' section. Thank you for any other suggestions and help!

Hi Emilia,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
847b3911
Community Member

After filling all the information required for the profile, when I reach the last page and hit the 'Preview Profile' button, it takes me back to the 'Expertise' section. I re-fill that and the loop goes on and on. Please assist! 

I am having the same issue. I've tried clearing my cache, changing browsers, and disabling Adblock. I'd be interested in if this is a site-wide issue/bug, or a user-related error related to uploading a LinkedIn profile? I've tried numerous times to make sure all required information is entered. The preview profile button just loops back to the top of the process. 

I switched laptops and tried to reconnect to my wifi several times as well, thinking it’s something external. Hoping to get some solutions here!

Please be careful and make sure in experties section if you have any dropdown menu then select approperiate option dnt type in it according to me this is a issue when you type something into dropdown not choose already given options

I selected the option from the drop down itself. Nothing was typed out manually.

I have the exact same problem as well. Did you figure a way out? is there any other way that we can seek help?

No solutions, yet. Have written to the team. Waiting to hear back.

I've tried numerous times throughout the day, filling out every field individually to no success. If there is a prompt to select an option for skills or anything like an address. I click on it, to fill it in. 

My only clue is that everything remains filled out when I hit preview except my address. Which I am selecting from the dropdown list. 

Hi Tucker, Kaumudi and Dogukan,

I'm sorry to hear you're all experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to each of you individually via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
digital-article
Community Member

Hi everybody, 

I can not save my profile. 

Everytime, I fill out everything and klick on "Preview Profile", I am back to the first step of the form:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/baseline

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Ruediger

This is exactly what is happening with me!! i cannot create my profile

Hi Sidra and Ruediger,

I'm sorry to hear you're both experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to each of you individually via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f045cb26
Community Member

I am currently setting up my profile on upwork. I've entered information into all the categories - expertise, education, etc. However, whenever I reach the final category, the only option I have is "preview profile". When I click this, it takes me back to the beginning of the setup again. Does this mean my profile is complete? Is it simply under reivew?

When your profile is under review you can't change anything.
After reviewing by Upwork you will get an email then you are able to change and resubmit.

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
stephany001
Community Member

I am unable to submit my profile since 2 days now
Please what do I do

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
philip-settecase
Community Member

I don't see any button to submit my profile. How do I submit my profile?

Hi Philip,

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ruagray
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as Katie on the first page of this topic. I fully complete my profile information and have little green checks on each category, but when I hit "preview" it sends me back to the Expertise page.

I have cleared my cache, tried an incognito window, and used my phone and all options have the same issue.

9c95d6e9
Community Member

I'm trying to submit my profile for submission but when I click "review profile" it just takes me back to the beginning of the application and resets the expertise section as well as the location section. I've tried different browsers and cleared cookies and caches and I keep running into the same trouble. I would really appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members