🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can't save my profile
Page options
s_zellini
Community Member

I can't save my profile

Hello,

I've just created a profile but I can't save it. The website says that I should still complete it, but I wrote all needed informations and I don't understand what is stil missing. As possibilities I've only: “Review Application“, “Create a client Account instead“, “delete my profile“. I was wondering if I should wait for the official approval of the website or if I just did something wrong.

122 REPLIES 122
h3nley
Community Member

Hello!

I am unable to complete my new profile. Whenever I click the "Preview your Profile", which is the last button, it sends me back to step 2 which is "Expertise." I have tried clearing cache/cookies and using a new browser but to no avail.

Hi Gabriel,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
1b3401c0
Community Member

Hi Joanne - I have having the same exact problem, nearly THREE YEARS LATER! Wow... Please could you provide assistance with this? 

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
carrieannback
Community Member

Hi there!

I am also facing problems submitting my application for review.

I have already used another browser and deleted all the history data (cache, cookies etc) but unfortunately nothing works. I've also tried using a mobile browser, but it's not letting me save my address for some reason. Can someone email me please?

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!

Carrie

Hi Carrie, 

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mehrinsejuti15
Community Member

When on the 11th step i give my phone number for authentication there is no option for for creating account only for account preview.Please helpme.it takes me back to previous steps.

Hi Misha Mehrin,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
vscribes
Community Member

Hello Nikola, 

I am having the same issue. Can you please have a team member reach out to me as well? I would really appreciate the help.

Hi Viviauna,

Of course! One of our team members will reach out to you as well directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm also coming across that issue. For me it brings me back to the 'Expertise Level' section after I finish with my profile and click 'Preview Profile'.

aniamaria
Community Member

hello guys, 

I have just set a new account. I know it requires a 24h verification. Although, I do not know if the application was sent. After following the 11 steps I clicked VERIFY and it comes back to the first page (nothing is filled wrong, no red notifications). Is there a way to make sure the application was sent or how to get over the issue? 

thanks in advance 🙂 

Ania

Hi Anna,

I shared the issue you are having with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, 

I'm having the exact same problem. Would love if someone could help me out, thank you so much! 

41f510ac
Community Member

After I sign up and filled all the information (education, hourly rate, etc...).

I click preview profile, but it put me back to fill the information area.

Then I click preview profile after going through that area again...

It put me back to the area again...like a loop.

I've got the same problem.

Cache is deleted, I even tried using a different browser but it doesn't work.

Hi Victor, and Alexandra,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
686438c5
Community Member

I completed making my entire profile and at the 'preview my profile' step,  it keeps going back to the expertise step. I've filled out everything and it still won't let me preview my profile. I've even tried it on the ios app and a different web browser. Nothing is working. 

Hi Aayushi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm having the exact same problem--I fill out the profile, hit "preview" and it returns me to the "Expertise" page (which is half-empty). Please advise! 

5cc28a41
Community Member

I've completed my profile all ready to sign up, but I am now stuck in a preview loop! I've authenticated my phone number, but I just keep getting sent around in circles and can't get it set up! Help!

Same, Peta. What is going on! Thanks for sharing that you're having this problem too. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alice, Alexander, Peta, and  Bennett,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
meganan
Community Member

Hello,

After completing the profile details, I'm not getting the submit button even on the PC. Request support.
alicelemee
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm unable to see if my profile was submitted for approval or not. I'm stuck on a loop of "create profile."

I've submitted all the pieces of information yet haven't been re-directed to a "submit application" landing page. Each time I reach the end (phone) it simply says "preview profile" and then brings me right back to "expertise".

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Not sure if this will help, here's a screenshot of what it looks like: 

I am having the SAME issue...

d947fb2f
Community Member

Hi, I´m trying to create my profile but when I press "Preview Profile" it takes me back to "Expertise" and I can´t submit my answers for review.

f14b71b6
Community Member

I get through everything correctly and then I click "preview profile" and it takes me back to the Expertise section and it didn't save the category I selected and then when it comes to the address section it didn't save that either even though it was a green check mark. I've tried over and over again with different browsers, it won't let me preview profile to then continue to the next step. As shown in my screenshot, I complete everything correctly but then when I click "preview profile" it takes me back to Expertise and doesn't have what I selected. 

meganan
Community Member

After filling out the profile details, I can see only preview profile and back button. No submit button. Same issue is being encountered both on phone and PC. Kindly help.
f14b71b6
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue. I get through everything correctly and then I click "preview profile" and it takes me back to the Expertise section and it didn't save the category I selected and then when it comes to the address section it didn't save that either even though it was a green check mark. I've tried over and over again with different browsers, it won't let me preview profile to then continue to the next step. As shown in my screenshot, I complete everything correctly but then when I click "preview profile" it takes me back to Expertise and doesn't have what I selected. 

anuradhaprasad1
Community Member

Hi

I have filled in all the information and at the end I have a Preview Profile tab but I don't see a Save Profile button coming up. I have completed everything. I am not sure why I can't save my profile and check out other features. Can you please guide me in saving the profile?

erikajeffery
Community Member

I'm trying to set up my profile. I've completed all 11 sections, and all the boxes are checked and green, so it seems I'm good to go. However, when I get to the last item (phone) where it has the button "Preview my Profile" it just redirects back to item 2 "Expertise" which I've filled out numerous times without error. I've tried clearing my cache, I've tried rebooting, but I cannot find a way to contact Upwork directly, no matter how many avenues I try. What am I doing wrong here? Thank you for any help.

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that this issue has been resolved. Please try updating and saving your profile once again. If you still run into any issue, please let us know. 

We appreciate your patience while this was being addressed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria.

I currently experience a similar issue too. My profile isn't new. When I try to update the bio section and then hit save, it saves the changes but doesn't show the changes in the public profile mode (as seen by others). Tried using different browsers, same issue. Reported this to the support 24 hours ago but still no update regarding this. Can you please keep note on this and keep me posted? 

thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hadas,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. Our team will keep you updated directly via your existing support ticket.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
382532ff
Community Member

Hello!

I have been stuck on creating new profile. After clicking "review application" nothing happens. Any help to get me unstuck would be appreciated!

Best,

Monica

Hi Monica,

I checked but couldn't replicate the issue you are describing. Can you please send us more information about the issue? If you can, please share a screenshot of the issue for our reference.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Sure thing. In making my profile, my page will not advance beyond the "Phone number" page. Clicking 'Preview Profile' simply kicks me back to the first step "Getting Started." I'm hoping to get un-stuck from this section. Please also see the attached screenshot below.

Hope that is helpful!

Monica

0539ce09
Community Member

Hi! I am also having trouble submitting, and it is taking me back to the "Expertise" page. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members