🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can't see my client's feedback
Page options
farahzaki_k
Community Member

I can't see my client's feedback

Hello,

I have recently finished a 10 hour job, and the client is satisfied with my work. I asked him if I could end the contract, he agreed. However, I can't see his rating on my profile even though he said he left it. I also can't see mine on his profile.

Can someone please help me? 

Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farah,

I have checked and you gave great feedback to your client, a client has 14 days to leave their feedback. If both parties left the feedback it is immediately displayed and if just one party leaves feedback it is displayed 14 days after the expiration of the contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won't be visible until both parties provide it for each other. Please advise your client to provide feedback on that contract in order for feedback to be visible. You can share this help article with your client for additional information.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farah,

I have checked and you gave great feedback to your client, a client has 14 days to leave their feedback. If both parties left the feedback it is immediately displayed and if just one party leaves feedback it is displayed 14 days after the expiration of the contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won't be visible until both parties provide it for each other. Please advise your client to provide feedback on that contract in order for feedback to be visible. You can share this help article with your client for additional information.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

Thank you so much. I've recently shared this response with my client. I was his first hiring so he's a bit confused I guess. Hope he leaves a feedback soon.

Thanks.

Read that feedback may not be posted until 14 days after end of contract. Is this the case for both client and contractor? I ended my work contract with a long term client due to some professional ethic considerations I had about their work style. I am concerned that if I leave less than 5 stars for this employer, or even 4 stars, that he in turn would possibly score me accordingly despite giving this client 2 weeks notice. Do I have to provide feedback in order to see if/what feedback they left for me?

Stephanie B wrote:

I ended my work contract with a long term client due to some professional ethic considerations I had about their work style. I am concerned that if I leave less than 5 stars for this employer, or even 4 stars, that he in turn would possibly score me accordingly despite giving this client 2 weeks notice. Do I have to provide feedback in order to see if/what feedback they left for me?

The client can not see your feedback for them until they have left feedback or 14 days have passed, at which point they can no longer leave feedback.

The whole point of that is that there can't be any revenge-feedback because the party who ends the contract has to leave feeback, which is hidden by the other party until they have either left feedback or it's too late to do so.

Hi Petra,  just so I am understanding correctly, my client closed the contract earlier today, and then I left my feedback for them later this morning.   Will I need to wait 14 days to see the client feedback?

Thanks

Hi Nancy,

Please allow up to 24 hours for your profile to be updated accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members