billeyy

I can't see my sent applications

Why can't i see my sent applications even though my connects ar ebeing reduced?

39 REPLIES 39
v-assari

Has anyone experienced the following?

Just wrote an application, hit "accept & apply" and.. it was gone.

The application is nowhere to be found, the job posting still gives me an alternative to apply, yet the application was deducted from my application quota.

What the heck just happened?

Hello there! Happened to me also this morning, 3 job formulars and boom! 3 applications gone but no job to be found in the account.

I'm experiencing the same thing. The jobs show 0 applicants although they've been on oDesk for several hours. I don't see the jobs to which I've applied in the Job Applications page.

Hi All,

I am sorry about the problems you are experiencing with the job applications. It is a known issue and our Engineering Team is working to resolve it as soon as possible.

I appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria. It's ok 🙂 May you tell us, do we need to apply again on these jobs, when you resolve problem?

Hi Valeria,

thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger

I had this happen the other day, but 10 minutes later it showed up.

While I've gotten no update from oDesk, I'm now quite certain that freelancers *are* being hired for jobs posted today. It's *possible* they all got hired because they were contacted directly by the client, but I don't know for a fact that clients aren't seeing *some* applications, even if the ones I submit don't *seem* to get sent. So it may be an exercise in futility but going forward, I'm going to go ahead and keep applying instead of waiting for oDesk to fix this technical difficulty.

The issue seems to be resolved.

Application appeared on my list this morning.

Thanks Valeria, for keeping us updated.

jpapostol

same here been applying for jobs but its not showing on odesk

1c090016

Same here. Sent application are missing and the interviews are not showing up either. Support team is clueless.

Same here. If you take a look at other job postings, you'll see that they all count 0 applicants and 0 interviews... it's almost certainly a bug. Hopefully, they'll get it fixed pretty soon. Smiley Wink

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger

I don't think my applications are being accepted either. I will contact support and send them a link to this topic.

---------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I don't think support Live Chat works, either. 😞

It's a common error. I don't know whether the clients receive the applications, but the applications are acknowledged, because when you try to reapply - you're unable to.

Should be fixed soon -.-

@Lyam B wrote:

It's a common error. I don't know whether the clients receive the applications, but the applications are acknowledged, because when you try to reapply - you're unable to.

Should be fixed soon -.-

Lyam,

This may be something different. I clicked the Apply to this Job button for one of the jobs I applied to, and it shows the Apply to Job page. Also, how likely is it that of the 2 jobs I applied to this morning, both show 0 Applicants? Usually, there's 10 applicants minutes after a job shows up in Find Jobs. Anyway, I submited a Support Request so we'll see what they say. 

You still have the option to apply for a job you've already applied for, but if you actually submit another application - you'll get an error message. 

joserafael

I have the same problem. How can we solve this the customer support is not helping no live chats

erwanlescop

Same here since hours, and it is not the first time.

I joined a oDesk client, who posted an urgent job. He receives answers to his invitations, but cannot see the list of applicants for his job post, and is not even sure to receive "standard" applications.

Amazing. This kind of bugs never happens on Elance for instance.

Chat works now, but there's a 14 minute queue.

As far as I know, Connects and Memberships haven't been implemented yet, but here's another 'feature' oDesk should add--when applications aren't sent because of oDesk site errors, freelancer gets a refund of the connects used for those applications.

@Erwan L wrote:

Same here since hours, and it is not the first time.

Amazing. This kind of bugs never happens on Elance for instance.

Erwan, it didn't happen at oDesk either until today. That's why many people are commenting here.

@john - It happened to me a few times since December. There are threads here, and I have track of my exchanges with oDesk support: it is a common issue. 

@Erwan L wrote:

@john - It happened to me a few times since December. There are threads here, and I have track of my exchanges with oDesk support: it is a common issue. 

Erwan,

then I guess I've been lucky, or I've been submitting applications that were never actually sent. But it doesn't happen consistently or I wouldn't have gotten any jobs. Right now, however, I'm guessing it's happening to every application. There's just too many jobs with 0 applicants. Some of these jobs *have* to have a dozen spam applications by now.

Satbir,

are you sure you have connects? Where do you see how many connects you have?

Update: I finally had chat with support. They acknowledged there's a technical problem with applications. I'm supposed to get notified when it's fixed. When I get the notification I'll post again, unless someone else does that first.

@Bill M wrote:

me too I have seen same problem

I just looked at one of the jobs I applied to more than 3 hours ago. It now shows

Hires: 1

Applicants: 0

Interviewing: 0

So maybe I *should* go ahead and apply, even if it doesn't look like the applications are being sent, because maybe they are being sent?

On the other hand, the job also shows an Apply to this Job button, which it probably shouldn't if a freelancer was already hired for it. Very confusing.

--------------------------------------------

Update: had another chat with oDesk support. Client could have hired a freelancer directly without interviewing, and job may allow hiring more than 1 freelancer. Whatever.

--------------------------------------------

second Update: another job I *would* have applied to but decided not to because I thought I should wait til this got fixed, now shows

Hires: 1

🙂

This is a repeat bug that took over five days to resolve the last time--there is an entire thread on it somewhere about three weeks ago. Very, very disappointing.

I submitted a ticket first thing this morning without success. I just completed a chat session where the agent stated that it is a "known issue" which has been reported and the time to fix is "unknown" and "we will let you know when it's fixed."

Valeria commented in this forum: http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Application-vanished-in-thin-air/m-p/66782/highlight/false...

Interestingly, my job quota decreases as I apply for jobs (that never show). Two today.

AND--as one community volunteer is always quick to say--my account is not under review. This is a known bug.

@Jeri B wrote:

Interestingly, my job quota decreases as I apply for jobs (that never show). Two today.

AND--as one community volunteer is always quick to say--my account is not under review. This is a known bug.

Thanks for the info. I was blissfully unaware of it when it happened previously. I must have been preoccupied with ongoing work at the time. Just in case, I *have* asked support if my account was under review. My job quota has *not* decreased that I'm aware of.

So, is it your understanding that when this happens, it's futile to apply for jobs?

-------------------------------

Another update: the other job I applied to this morning has been filled. This is so frustrating--I knew *exactly* how to do this particular job, and had a very good chance of being hired, I thought.

UPDATE: 3:4 applications now showing.

Chat help center was very helpful ... while I don't think this is the entire problem (because the solution didn't work for me) ... this was their solution: clear cache and cookies and perhaps use another browser and this worked for a lot of other people.

I don't think that's the complete answer but perhaps it will help someone!

helionprime

I do not know is it futile. I have applied for two jobs today, my job quota decreases and job have never showed in my application list.

No i have tried to apply for the same job again, and it gives me an error at the and that i have already applied for that particular job.
So, conculsion.. my application is registered, but.. then again, who know if client see it. Nothing we can do about it..

jeribirkes

Update: 1:2 applications are now showing. The one that is showing me as an applicant was applied for 9 hours ago. Hopefully, this "bug" is close to being terminated.

Jeri,

Glad you're visible now. I hope my time will come soon.

UPDATE: Only 1:4 showing.

Maybe it's been fixed. I just applied to a job with more than a dozen applying. Unfortunately, someone's being interviewed already so maybe I didn't apply soon enough because nobody told me when it started working. Oh well. At least I'm listed as one of the applicants so I guess my account isn't being reviewed.

UPDATE: 4:4 showing now. Customer support also followed up and said it is a known ERROR and has been resolved. just as Valeria said earlier.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

I would like to confirm that this issue has been solved earlier today and your applications should be shown in the applicants list now. Also, note that I have merged the two threads about the same issue to avoid confusion.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and cooperation here in the Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork