🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I can't submit work for my second milesto...
Page options
wordbuffwriting
Community Member

I can't submit work for my second milestone.

Hey guys - 

I've recently started working with a new client through Upwork. It's on a milestone basis, with a new milestone every 7 days max.

I can't submit work for my second milestone. I don't know if this is because I've completed it before the due date.

The money for the first milestone is still in 'pending', and I've handed the work in via a shared google folder (which is how they operate) and I've been asked to choose work for my third milestone (you choose the work, they set up the milestone, then you hand it in.)

Am I correct in thinking I can't submit work for milestone 2 because they haven't approved the pay for milestone 1? Even though it's sat in escrow?

It's $120 per milestone, just for clarification of the screenshot.

They're a reputable business so I'm not worried I'm being scammed for anything, but I've only worked with a few clients through Upwork so I'm still getting the hang of it, so I wanted to ask here first.

Cheers,

Rosie.

2 REPLIES 2
kubatsson
Community Member

The client has to put funds in Escrow in order for you to be able to submit your work and request the payment through the system.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rosie,

You are correct. Funds must be released on the current milestone before the next one can be activated and funded which would allow you to submit work for payment on that milestone. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths