🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I cannot add U.S. bank account to my non-US P...
Page options
elizat
Community Member

I cannot add U.S. bank account to my non-US PayPal account

I am a Malaysian and one month ago, I could successfully add and transfer money to by virtual US bank account provided by Transferwise. However, one month later, I find my previously added US bank now missing from my PayPal wallet and when I want to re-add it to my Wallet, the 'add U.S bank' option is gone.

I can't withdraw money in USD anymore and customer support has only been sending me useless FAQ as an answer to my question THREE times in a row.

I am getting angry and frustrated. Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
ronlorraine
Community Member

Paypal has been cleaning things up a lot in the last six months and have been removing many prepaid bank accounts because they don't meet the new paypal terms of service.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eliza, 

It would be best if you contact Paypal about this as we cannot assist you regarding your Paypal account. You may also wish to check the payment methods that are available to you through Upwork by going to your Get Paid page and clicking on the Add Method button (Settings > Get Paid > Add method). By doing so, you will see what other options are available to you, and use it in the meantime. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members