🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I cannot add connects to my Upwork account
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Alamin,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jayeshofficial73
Community Member

Hello,

I am not able to buy connects with my debit card, Before I was successfully purchased connects with the same debit card. Please solve my problem.

Thanks,

Jayesh Gondaliya.

Hi Jayesh,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I am facing problem for buying connects and membership.

I have global Mastercard, which I successfully added for payment and when I'm buying connects OTP has delivered to my phone, but when I entered OTP and make payment some errors shown like "choose another payment method".

Last time support team suggest me to visit my bank as this is bank's issue. I recently visited my bank and find that there's not any issue. I haven't any connect for new proposal submission.

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Hi Jayesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
muhammad_qasim-z
Community Member

Hi, 

I am from Pakistan and i have trouble with my Allied Visa Debit Card, It is successfully added but payment always declined.

Screenshot is attached please let me know how i can solve this issue.

Thanks 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sarfaraz_sc
Community Member

Hello

I am trying to add my debit card in biling method but it gives me error saying unable to authroze your card

Thanks

Imran

Hi Sarfaraz,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, when I add the billing method with my visa card this error comes.
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.
please help me.
thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petrosyan_sargis
Community Member

I have used my Payoneer card a year ago

now I want to use it but there is some massage. 

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

how I can activate my card and what is this problem mean.

Hi Sargis,

Upwork accepts Visa, Discover, Diners Club, Diners Club International, Mastercard, and American Express. We do not accept virtual cards or gift cards. To learn more about adding a credit card to your account, click here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cddbae60
Community Member

Hello,

I didn't find a way to contact the support and I can't buy connects 

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us.

Hi Youssouf,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e359629e
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I called the bank and they are saying that the card is active, There's no issue on our end.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul Fatir,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
admycampaign
Community Member

Hi, I am getting Charge failed while upgrading the membership plan. I have my Paypal account which I'm trying to use. Please download the attached screenshot. Kindly advice.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ajay,

I would recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another credit card to your PayPal wallet. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dipadhikary
Community Member

I cannot add connects to my upwork account. When I make the connect purchase, the screen shows up again which says this: 

Select the "Add Connects" button to continue.

Below the screenshot of the screen which shows up after the payment

Hi Dip,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? 
Just to clarify, once you click on the green button to purchase connects, you`re returned to the same window? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

After I click on the green button of Buy connects, I get redirected to the payment page. After completing the process of putting my OTP and submitting, I get redirected to the same page as I shown in the screenshot. 

Hi Dip,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I received the email from your Upwork agent Kim G. 

According to his instruction, I cleared all the caches and followed every instruction of him. But still, nothing improved. 

So I tried using my PayPal to purchase the connects but Upwork has shown me to try another payment method. 

Hi Dip,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still unable to purchase connects. I have followed up with the team and they will update you directly via ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

where will they contact me ? They will contact me through mail?

Hi Dip,

You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have cleared all the caches and cookies and it is still the same. I cannot buy connects. 

i am facing the same issue .

please help me regarding this problem

Hi Sunish,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

bro m also facing this same issue.
have u solved it?
is there anyone know how can i resolve this same issue..i really need more connects urgently
thanks in advance

Hi Rajendra,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet? You may also consider using a different billing method. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,
I have tried with the master card too ..got the OTP after submitting it directs back to the "Buy connects" page with a line "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue". but their no such button on the page.
Now m afraid that what if the money will deduct anytime soon coz I have tried 3 times.
looking forward to the solution.

Rajendra

Hi Rajendra,

Rest assusred, your card hasn't been charged. You can also check this by going to Reports > Transaction history.

Could you please log in via another browser > select the bundle you would like to purchase and click on the green button at the bottom of the page? If you`re still receiving the same error after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
i have just tried with Opera browser(was using chrome before) ,the problem is still the same.ss from opera browserss from opera browser

Hi Rajendra,

Just to confirm, after you click on the green button "Buy Connects" you`re returned to the same page or something else is happening? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

After clicking "Buy Connects" button it redirecting me to enter OTP page and after entering the correct OTP it redirecting me back to the same page with one extra line which i have showed you in the screenshot.

thats all is happening with both of my payment methods(paypal/card).

thank you

Hi Rajendra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

I have added another debit card to my Upwork account but it is still the same. The connects are not getting added and it still shows the same error after I make the transaction. 

Please help me with this. I am suffering from this issue for more than 3 months. I have already opened a thread related to this on July 1st. Please help me. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths