I can not get into the settings menu

screenShot (2).png

cleared cache, cookies, reinstalled the application

24 REPLIES 24
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oleksandr,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks
I solved the problem myself
It looks like you are using ActiveX
cleared cache using the web interface did not help me.
perhaps this should be done only from Internet Explorer.
And here is the manual removal of all files from the directory
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
solved the problem.

lvuletic
Community Member

I have the same problem. Problem is, basically in the Cloudflare and their captchas. I hope someone will solve this issue soon and stop saying "someone from our support team will contact you shortly" because these are not individual, but global problems.

Yes, it is very common problem now

Hello

Desktop application upwork does not work upon authorization I cannot log in to my Upwork account Missing or invalid redirect_uri parameter value I can not get into the settings menu cleared cache, cookies, reinstalled the application

Hi Fariha, 

Could you please confirm if you were trying to login with Google account, or if you are having the same issue as Oleksandr's?

~ Avery
Upwork
trolldor
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same problem mentioned above by the freelancers.

Please fix it ASAP, our clients asks us to work on a deadline and we can't even log to the app.

As a workaround you can use VPN, that will help you avoid cloudflare captcha which is triggered when you try to log in from untrusted IP range (ranges where spam was detected earlier, brute force attacks, etc.)
For VPN clients you could try windscribe which can give you up to 15 GB free monthly or ProtonVPN which does not have bandwidth limits on their free accounts.

This is just workaround, of course, but at least it will allow you to log in and track time. Problem is definetely related to your IP range - tech support asked me "if i could change IP I am logging in from". VPN solves this issue.

Upwork have to fix their clients so they can pass captchas.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Todor,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via your support ticket and keep you updated.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I solved the problem myself, I don’t know why the support service didn’t inform users, I similarly described the solution
The application uses ActiveX
cleared cache using the web interface did not help me.
perhaps this should be done only from Internet Explorer.
And here is the manual removal of all files from the directory
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
solved the problem.

.jpg

Thanks for sharing the steps that resolved the issue for you and also updating your ticket, Oleksandr. I'll share the information you provided with our team for further consideration.

We appreciate your feedback!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I am having same problem while trying to login via desktop time tracker. I am using ubuntu 14.04 .

Missing or invalid redirect_uri parameter value

Hi Niloy,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Have you tried the steps Oleksandr shared for resolving this issue?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

No, he acutally showed the steps in windows & I am using Linux-ubuntu.

Please tell me a solution as soon as possible

Hi Niloy,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
tanyajackdaw
Community Member

I have the same problem. Can't login neither using login button, nor via google account. Same message appears as Oleksandr has

Hi Tanya,

I apologize for the trouble this caused. Have you tried the steps Oleksandr shared for resolving this issue? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Olexandr works for UpWork support now? I don't have the folder Olexandr has, on my computer. Are you guys actually going to do your job to fix stuff on your end, a lot of people having the same problem and cant log in to hourly contracts since LAST YEAR and this issue hasn't been resolved. Smh

Hi Tanya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's same problem here. Why don't upwork fix the issue permanently?

Hi Obaidul,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please check the steps Oleksandr shared for resolving this issue? If the problem persists, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Spontenously showing messages like this while running my upwork desktop app.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

screenShot (2).png

Hi Obaidul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths