🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I cannot see Unread Messages
Page options
oytunbuyrukcu
Community Member

I cannot see Unread Messages

Hello Team,

I receive a message, the message menu option lights up green with "1", but I don't see the new message under Messages, even when I select "Unread" in the messages menu. I've been experiencing this issue for a couple of days now. I have been working around the issue thanks to the mobile app. I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Thanks,
Oytun

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oytun,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran! Problem persists to date. I am almost sure this is a problem with archived messages. I hope the bug will be fixed soon as it affects communication with my clients. BR

I believe it is a bug indeed. When we archived a certain conversation with the client, the conversation got archived and that conversation be removed in the messages. Somehow, when the client in that archived conversation replied or responded to that conversation, it will then be detected by the system but the archived conversation will not show up in the messages page but will only notify you that there is 1 or number of mssages unread. The archived conversation should be turned active once there is an active response on that conversation. This issue happened to me few months ago but it was resolved I think because they manually checked my account for all messages. It should be system wide automated checking. I somehow think that this issue was due to the system cannot read a particular archived conversation if there are already multiple conversation made to that same client (example, if 1 opened conversation was that the client directly sent a job offer and the other opened conversation was your old conversation with the client). I experience this case again right now but I was given a ticket for the issue. Nevertheless, I thank Upwork engineers and all Upwork support staff for their help.

Oh my gosh, dude THANK YOU, I would probably lost a client if I didn't saw your post. Upwork should wake archived chats when client contactes you, I have that need to clean up chats after job done and move them to archive and though of this for a bug for a whole day...

taralexa
Community Member

The same problem here. it's very annoying. 

Hi Aukse,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
0771e511
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I’m facing the same issue I believe. I have a message from a client that I can’t read and also there was I message I sent the client which has disappeared.

Could you please help

Thanks
Ashraf

Hi Ashraf,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, I'm facing the same issue.

My account was suspended a few days ago and my proposals archived.

I can see there's a new message because message icon has 1, but when I check, I find no new message.

Please help rectify this.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members