🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I cant log into my Upwork account
Page options
98d67378
Community Member

I cant log into my Upwork account

I am now using my husband's account to post this question. I changed my password this morning and now it wants to send me a 6-digit verification code to my email but I never received the email, checked spam and tried a million times but nothing. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi there,

I'd like to confirm that we have a known issue that's is causing delays with some emails being delivered. That includes emails for password reset. Our engineers are working urgently to address the issue and make sure the delayed emails are delivered.

Please, allow some time for the email to be delivered. I'll also provide an update here once the issue is resolved.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused by this issue.

UPDATE: T
he issue that caused for email notifications to be delayed has been resolved and notifications should be delivered shortly. 
Please, let us know if you still don't receive the notification within next few hours. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AndreaG

Hi there,

I'd like to confirm that we have a known issue that's is causing delays with some emails being delivered. That includes emails for password reset. Our engineers are working urgently to address the issue and make sure the delayed emails are delivered.

Please, allow some time for the email to be delivered. I'll also provide an update here once the issue is resolved.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused by this issue.

UPDATE: T
he issue that caused for email notifications to be delayed has been resolved and notifications should be delivered shortly. 
Please, let us know if you still don't receive the notification within next few hours. 

~Andrea
Upwork
dfea9019
Community Member

Hi 

please I would also like to be notified when the issue is fixed as a friend of mine is experiencing the same issue. Thank you,

Hello everyone, I'd like to ask a question regarding the 6-digit code when logging in Upwork app on phone.

I've been using Upwork app just fine but recently the message box is so lagging so I deleted the app and re-installed again. After re-logging in it leads me to the 6-digit code section saying that there's an email sent to me with the code, but I checked my mailbox several times. There are only warning emails from Upwork that there's an unknown device trying to log in to my account (why is my device unknown? I was using the app the whole time, my phone should have been recorded into the account history?). The email also says that if I'm the one who just logged in then no action needs to be done, yet Upwork app is still asking for the 6-digit code? There's no code at all in the emails?

I've been trying logging in on phone app for 4 times, afraid if I do more it will block my account. On website it is still working fine, what can I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Quynh,

Could you please check your junk/spam folder in case the email is being sent there?

~Andrea
Upwork

I have checked the spam mail folders, still none

5b17eca0
Community Member

I'm having issues logging into my desktop tracker. It's not taking the password. Updated the password and still not letting me in. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still not working. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? Please try performing steps from the "How to completely delete the Upwork Desktop App's cache" section.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
9fd9d881
Community Member

Hello, I forgot my secret password, I want to recover it, but it does not come to my email

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vitaly, 

It looks like the emails were already sent to your inbox. Could you please check if it may have gone to your spam/junk folder?

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members