cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I closed a contract too early in order to leave a feedback. Can I undo this?

m_thiem
Meilinda T Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
1 of 8

Hi Upwork Community, 

I closed a contract for a job done, payment is already received but the entire work is not completed. I closed the contract in order to leave a feedback for the client. Can I undo this? Thanks in advance. 

tgstudio
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
2 of 8

Why would you close a contract for an unfinished job? This doesn't make any sense. And no you cannot undo this.

m_thiem
3 of 8

Job is finished, approved, payment made. I wanted to add new images to it. I will send as a message instead. Does that sound right?

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
4 of 8

What is the reason behind wanting to leave feedback before a job is over? 

m_thiem
5 of 8

The job is finished and approved. Payment has been made. I wanted to include additional images, which won't be availble until a later date. I suppose I can send it as a message?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 8

Hi Melinda,

As others pointed out on this thread, you can't reopen a closed contract. You can either submit the work via Messages if the payment is already made or ask the client to rehire you and submit the work as a milestone.

In the future, you may want to ask the client to close the contract if the work is completed, to make sure there is no misunderstanding.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

m_thiem
7 of 8

Thank you, Valeria!

I actually finished the work and it was approved and I was paid. However I wanted to attach more pictures to the original submission, therefore the job isn't "finished". The client is happy with it but unfortunately these new pictures won't be available until a later date. 

Can you explain me the concept of "rehiring" under the same contract? Or does the client need to make a new contract all together?

Thank you for your time and valuable information. 

Meilinda

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 8

Melinda,

When the client rehires you, it will not be the same contract. A new contract will be created. It's really easy for the client to find a freelancer under past hires and rehire them. If you only need to send a few additional files and have been paid already, you may just send them in a message.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS