cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to know whether withdrawn dispute affect my job success rate.

Highlighted
Akio Y Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
1 of 7

Hello Everyone,

Appreciate for your patience

I'd like to know whether withdrawn dispute affect to rate my account down, i mean whether withdrawn dispute affect my job success rate down.

My client don't know what is dispute.
He said to me that he disputed since he don't have enough money to pay for holding work.

I explained and he agreed to close the dispute.
But i'd like to know if this activity affect my job success rate.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thank you.

Regards

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Akio,

I'm not sure of the details of your job or dispute, but closing a dispute in itself won't affect your Job Success Score. On the other hand, jobs on which you have delivered work but issued a refund or didn't receive payment will affect your JSS to a certain extent.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

Vladimir G wroteSmiley Surprisedn the other hand, jobs on which you have delivered work but issued a refund............

We were told categorically and several times by various sources that this is not the case and that issuing a refund will not by itself affect the JSS. Now you say the opposite.

Which is it?

Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
4 of 7

Uhh, hope I may join in...

Because I am currently in the situation that a client accidently funded and released the last milestone of a project twice. I was just going to refund them that bit (- the Upwork fee, discussed with client and he is cool with that) as I was under the impression that this has no influence on the score and that only total refunds have an impact.

I am pretty sure Valeria has confirmed this at least twice in the forum.

So...?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

I agree with Sandra. I think this is clear enough and I think this is fair. This is what Vladimir meant, although his wording was imprecise.

Zero-payment jobs will negatively affect job score, but simply using the refund tool to issue a partial refund doesn't count against a contractor.

On the other hand, no matter what somebody tells me about whether or not disputes affect Job Success Scores, I don't think anything will change my opinion that entering into disputes is a very bad idea and that doing so will negatively impact a contractor, including having a negative effect on their JSS. That's my personal opinion, so feel free to ignore it and reference more authoritative sources.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

@Sandra T wrote:

Because I am currently in the situation that a client accidently funded and released the last milestone of a project twice. I was just going to refund them that bit (- the Upwork fee, discussed with client and he is cool with that)

Sandra, when you refund the system automatically adds the fee back on.

So if the client paid you 10, you received 9, and you refund 10, the client gets 10 back - so unlessyou want to keep the 10% as compensation you can just refund the lot back as Upwork will refund their bit along with yours.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
7 of 7

Hi Petra, Sandra and Preston,

I'm sorry if my reply created confusion, let me clarify. Issuing a refund will not affect the Job Success Score, but having contracts with no payment (either by forgoing the payment like in the OP's case, or by issuing a full refund in order to avoid bad feedback on completion of the job) will negatively affect the Job Success Score.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS