🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I'd like to request a manual name review
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Islam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fady-natahn
Community Member

I am facing an issue to add PayPal to my Upwork account despite they are the same name and every time tells me The beneficiary name is mismatched, and don't know what to do and I need help asap 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you for reaching out to us, Fady.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sreejith_mep
Community Member

My Name is 'SREEJITH E' as per records. My bank account is also in this name. When I am setting up payment method in my upwork profile, I can't complete filling the form. The web page says my second name can't be just one letter. Adding anything other than 'E' along with my second name would contradict with the name on my bank account. Looking forward for a soultion.

Thanks guys.

Hi Sreejith,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ctilke
Community Member

Hello,

My bank account is in my maiden name and my Upwork account is in my married name, so I would like to request a manual name review.

I can provide evidence including: my current passport (married name), old passport (maiden name), marriage certificate and bank statements.

Please advise,

Many thanks,

Catherine

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Catherine,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello I have the same problem.

I would like to request for a manual name review since my bank account is under my maiden name.

Please help. Thank you.

Hi Ann,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, 

My issue with my name is not yet solve. Please help. 

Hi Ann,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket again, and will assist you further with your name. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

No one reached out to me for manual name review.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ann Nicole.

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

~ Bojan
Upwork
d979b66e
Community Member

Hello my link was expired, can you send a new ticket for this problem.

Hi Ann,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9a966f94
Community Member

Hello I am having the same issue. My name and last name on PayPal are idéntical to my name and last name on Upwork and yet it says it's a mismatch. Please help!

Hi Jennifer,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch and reach out if there are further steps needed from your end.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue...

I used to withdraw the payment from upwork to the bank account and it worked fine but suddenly, it stopped working.

Please help.

Thanks

- Gerson

Hi Gerson, 

This has been fixed. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9a966f94
Community Member

Please help me. It says my PayPal does not match my Upwork name but they're idéntical

Same here, it suddenly it says my name doesn't match and I don't see an option to report this Help!

Facing this sudden mismatch issue now, please help me solve it ASAP. Thanks a lot!

Could you please help me solve the mismatch issue in my account? Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristina,

Your beneficiary name has been approved. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
himel-reza
Community Member

have you found the solution? 

Community Member

My real name has a different spelling than the one on my account due to the PAN card. What do I do? I want to keep my real name on Upwork

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Meharunnisa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am looking at my upwork profile name and my PayPal profile name. Identical to the letter, yet when I try to add my PayPal to my Upwork, I get an error that beneficiary names do not match. Please help me!

Hi Chiquinquirá,

Thank you for your message.

Your payment method has been accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Upwork says my account name doesn't match with my PayPal name but they are the same!

nouranmohamed
Community Member

I am having trouble in my payment method , Now my Paypal account is with my nickname not my real name . So from a month I changed my Up work to the same nickname of my Paypal , Now I am facing trouble saying beneficiary name is mismatched. and I can't withdraw my money . So I want to change my Name on Upwork to my real name and also prove that my Paypal is my account but with my nickname. Also I need to know which name should match is my paypal account name or the name on the Card

Hi Nona,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with changing your beneficiary name. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jambutongia
Community Member

Hello Guys,

Myself Jambu Tongia. On Upwork my name is Jambu Tongia but Bank account attached with my Upwork has name Jambu Kumar Tongia (Middle name added extra) and hence due to name mismatch my paymet is restricted. Now what is the solution for this problem? Looking forward for the response..

Thanks & Regards,

Jambu Tongia

Hi Jambu,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
calebmwangi
Community Member

Hey guys, 

I am looking at my upwork profile name and my PayPal profile name. Identical to the letter, yet when I try to add my PayPal to my Upwork, I get an error that beneficiary names do not match, wassup? How do I bypass this error?

Thanks, 
Caleb.

Hi Caleb, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your beneficiary name issue. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

My problem was solved a few minutes ago, thanks!!

cesar1297
Community Member

Upwork says "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." But my Paypal accont has the same name that my Upwork account...

I'm trying how to figure it out but the bot doesn't help me.

Hi Cesar,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
marwa300
Community Member

Hello Everybody,

I linked my verified PayPal account to Upwork 4 days ago and it gave me a message and sent me an email that my name on Upwork and Paypal mismatch, although my name is exactly and literally the same on both platforms, and I'm using the same email for both accounts. My account is also verified here on Upwork. I'm confused and don't know what to do to solve this issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members