cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I destroyed my JSS, what should I do now ?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
11 of 52

@walker R wrote:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The data I cannot see on your profile is your public feedback average.  (I don't even know what a private feedback is as I have never gotten one of those.)  Also I am not sure I can see if you have had any cancelled jobs.  What I can see if if you have jobs without feedback (a minus -).

Walker

Walker,

Jobs without feedback do not necessarily bring your stats down. As for the rest, there is no point in banging your head against a brick wall, because it will not give way, and you will get a sore head.  I know on the next update mine are going to go down - and I won't like it, but then, with the next hire, payment and following update, they may go up again.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 52

No feedback jobs are fine as long as you have a few in between with feedback. It's probably a good idea for a new member with not a lot of feedback to try to get some, but personally I don't ask anyone to close contracts or ask for feedback.

80% really isn't bad. I saw a dude in the teens once. lol You know it's bad when there isn't even a graphic to explain your fail JSS.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
13 of 52

@walker R wrote:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The data I cannot see on your profile is your public feedback average.  (I don't even know what a private feedback is as I have never gotten one of those.)  Also I am not sure I can see if you have had any cancelled jobs.  What I can see if if you have jobs without feedback (a minus -).

Walker

Huh?

Public feedback average is long gone, months a year ago from clients' view and more recently from ours.

It is impossible for you never to have received private feedback. It's private between the client and Upwork, and from us. It's a prerequisite for closing a contract.

Upwork doesn't much care if there's no (optional) public feedback. The big JSS demerit comes from lack of private feedback, which rules all.

Best,

Michael

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
14 of 52

I think mine went down to 78% and I lived through it. Don't fret and just get some more jobs and bring up your states. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 52

Hi All,

A few comments have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other members of the Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork
romaindo
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
16 of 52

Thank you, everyone!
I didn’t know about private feedback… I don’t like it Smiley Sad
When I check under “My stats”, I can now see a feedback score (4.96), but most important:
—“Clients who recommend you: 80%”
—and “Long-term clients: 0%”
So I guess someone didn’t like me Smiley Sad
What is a “long-time client” for Upwork? Because I still have milestones going on with three out of four open contracts. But I’m new so… I don’t know if I can call them “long-time clients”.

@ Rene K:
I checked a lot of profiles (top rated, rising talent…) in my category and I thought $13/hr was honest. But maybe I’m wrong…

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
17 of 52

Romain, educate yourself:

Average rates charged for translations

and also:

Fixer ses tarifs de traduction pour un débutant

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
18 of 52

@Romain D wrote:

Thank you, everyone!
I didn’t know about private feedback… I don’t like it Smiley Sad
When I check under “My stats”, I can now see a feedback score (4.96), but most important:
—and “Long-term clients: 0%”
So I guess someone didn’t like me Smiley Sad
What is a “long-time client” for Upwork? Because I still have milestones going on with three out of four open contracts. But I’m new so… I don’t know if I can call them “long-time clients”.

@ Rene K:
I checked a lot of profiles (top rated, rising talent…) in my category and I thought $13/hr was honest. But maybe I’m wrong…

Lol! At $13.00 an hour you must be one of the fastest translators on Upwork!

Just keep going Romain, you will be OK (but up your rates)!

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
19 of 52

@Romain D wrote:

This is definitely a problem. There is something that you are doing wrong, and clients don't like it.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
romaindo
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
20 of 52

I’m a Proz member, I think I read this link, I’ll read the other one, thank you.

I couldn’t charge more to get my first contract, it’s really hard to get any job when your profile is empty.

Yes, I think you are right, there is something that I’m doing wrong, but I don’t know what.

@ nichola: $13/hr? Those are lucky days here on Upwork.

My second contract here, I worked for $3/hr, just because it was a quick easy job and just to get some feedback, but my client added and funded milestones again and again without asking me and I wasn’t able to decline anything.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS