cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I destroyed my JSS, what should I do now ?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
21 of 52

Romain wrote:

"My second contract here, I worked for $3/hr, just because it was a quick easy job and just to get some feedback, but my client added and funded milestones again and again without asking me and I wasn’t able to decline anything."

Lol! What would you have done if you were a client and found a good (but easy) translator?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
22 of 52

@Romain D wrote:

> I couldn’t charge more to get my first contract, it’s really hard to get any job when your profile is empty.

It's not anymore. Get rid of the $0.02 per word on your profile.

> Yes, I think you are right, there is something that I’m doing wrong, but I don’t know what.

Since you're doing transcription & translation you must find which of those services has room for improvement. For translation, it's a good idea to have a pair review some of your work. An external perspective can help to find flaws that you can't see by yourself.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
23 of 52

You're gonna have to man up, OP. There are some people who will try to push you around and you need to push back. It's true what they say about the cheapos too. They are the worst to work with. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
24 of 52

@Rene K wrote:

@Romain D wrote:

—“Clients who recommend you: 80%”

This is definitely a problem. There is something that you are doing wrong, and clients don't like it.

Not necessarily. My clients who would recommend me score dipped lower than this at a time when literally every client I had had recently rehired me for a new project. In fact, all but one of the clients who could have rated me during the few cycles prior to that dip have become long-term clients. 

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
25 of 52

Romain, I agree with Nichola and Rene and anyone else who told you to up your rates. I'm a mid-range translation client and I wouldn't hire you because your rate is too low. I'd think you musn't be very good if that's what you're charging. For your language you could easily double both your per word and hourly rate.

romaindo
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
26 of 52

Hello,

A little update 2 weeks later…
I've followed your advice (to up my rates, maybe not enough I don’t know) and New JSS Score today… It dropped from 80% to 75%. Smiley Sad
I don’t know what I did! I completed 2 jobs only and the clients were happy, they didn’t close the contracts as they may need me in the future.
80% was already really hard to deal with / to explain (I sent a few proposals and they all asked me why My JSS is so bad).
When I check under MY STATS,
- « Clients who would recommend you » is still at 80% (another thing I don’t understand, all my clients gave me 5 stars)
- « Long-term clients » : 0% (which is weird because I have multiple milestone… but maybe not enough)

This whole thing killed my Sunday morning chilling mood ! Smiley Sad
I guess I will have to delete this account, and start again from scratch as I’m destroying my online reputation with this one. I have a profile on other websites, and everything is fine there with a 100% score.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
27 of 52

@Romain D wrote:

Hello,

A little update 2 weeks later…
I've followed your advice (to up my rates, maybe not enough I don’t know) and New JSS Score today… It dropped from 80% to 75%. Smiley Sad
I don’t know what I did! I completed 2 jobs only and the clients were happy, they didn’t close the contracts as they may need me in the future.
80% was already really hard to deal with / to explain (I sent a few proposals and they all asked me why My JSS is so bad).
When I check under MY STATS,
- « Clients who would recommend you » is still at 80% (another thing I don’t understand, all my clients gave me 5 stars)
- « Long-term clients » : 0% (which is weird because I have multiple milestone… but maybe not enough)

This whole thing killed my Sunday morning chilling mood ! Smiley Sad
I guess I will have to delete this account, and start again from scratch as I’m destroying my online reputation with this one. I have a profile on other websites, and everything is fine there with a 100% score.

You cannot delete your account and start from scratch or you will get banned from the platform.  It's against ToS.   

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
romaindo
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
28 of 52

Oh ok Smiley Sad

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
29 of 52

Just like every other one of these freakin threads, the OP is not being entirely honest and is being purposely obtuse for reasons I never understand. 

Your stats show 11 jobs and yet only 10 are listed, which means you refunded someone. 

gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
30 of 52

Jennifer, could it be that there was no payment so far and the job is not showing in the list, but counted in the whole count. I think I saw something like that on my profile several times. Whole count was updated before the job appeared in the list. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS