cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I destroyed my JSS, what should I do now ?

romaindo
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
31 of 52

I never refunded anyone. My last job was completed and approved 2 days ago (and the client didn't close it... of course). I can't see this job on my profile yet.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
32 of 52

Then OK someone tottally "backstabbed" you and it's so confusing. We could go through the list of possibilites, but 99% of these threads are people who are not telling the whole story. 

romaindo
Ace Contributor
33 of 52

What do you mean by "Backstabbed" me? You are speaking about this weird "secret feedback" ? Like one of my clients gave me 5 public stars and destroyed me with a private feedback? Why would they do that??

I don't think so, all of my clients were very nice to me.

I think I'm doing something wrong...

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
34 of 52

Recommended rate is an element, probably the dominant one, of private feedback.

anlaszpen
Anna L Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
35 of 52

Just keep working and make sure your customers know about the private feedback **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

I send this message to everyone:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

‘Just a quick note on this there are many people that will not leave a 10 or 9 because they think that is perfection and will never leave it no matter how good the freelancer does.

If you would like to read more : https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Job-Success-Score-quot-Private-Feedback-quot-From-Client...

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
36 of 52

Anna, do you not find that this impacts your rehire rate? That wall of text criticizing the platform would definitely put me off as a client and give me reservations about working with you again.

romaindo
Ace Contributor
37 of 52

Hello!

What will happen if I decline an invitation? It will affect my JSS score? 

I have declined one a few weeks ago, in fact I made a mistake :  I “Accepted the invitation” and declined it in my proposal… -_- I remember that the client has declined my proposal with a bad comment.

But as we never had any contracts together I forgot about this incident.

I received another invitation today, I would like to decline but I hope this won’t affect my JSS.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
38 of 52

Declining is fine. I decline a lot too.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
39 of 52

@Romain D wrote:

Hello!

What will happen if I decline an invitation? It will affect my JSS score?

not at all. Only contracts and their outcomes do!

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
40 of 52

It won't affect your JSS. Nor will declining an invitation once you have set up an interview, whatever the client says. However, you ought to always reply to your invitations, one way or another, because not replying can affect your response rate, which although this does not ding your JSS, I think is seen by potential clients.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS