cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I destroyed my JSS, what should I do now ?

romaindo
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
41 of 52

Ok cool.

romaindo
Ace Contributor
42 of 52

Hello!! 

....And what about Offers? If I decline an offer? It will affect my JSS ? One of my client made me an offer before asking me if I was available and I had to decline this offer.  Is it bad ??

jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
43 of 52

@Romain D wrote:

Hello!! 

....And what about Offers? If I decline an offer? It will affect my JSS ? One of my client made me an offer before asking me if I was available and I had to decline this offer.  Is it bad ??

No, nothing matters until you click "accept" on an offer. Then...everything matters. Smiley Happy  

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
44 of 52

Hi Romain, 

Declining an offer doesn't affect your JSS. I would add that you need to make sure to reply to those invites within 24 hours in order for your responsiveness score to be good. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
45 of 52

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Romain, 

Declining an offer doesn't affect your JSS. I would add that you need to make sure to reply to those invites within 24 hours in order for your responsiveness score to be good. 

Reply to invites or respond to job offers?  

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
46 of 52

Hi Jessica, 

Both. You may learn more about the responsiveness score here

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
47 of 52

Jessica asked:  Reply to invites or respond to job offers?  
--
@Avery O wrote:

Hi Jessica, 

Both. You may learn more about the responsiveness score here

Avery, I don't think that is right...

As far as I know, and as far as it has been in the past, the resposiveness score is ONLY affected by responding to invitations to interview, NOT job offers, which you can not "respond to" other than to accept or decline.

Smart freelancers do NOT accept a job offer in a hurry - not until they have clarified things with the client, which is usually done via the interview process. It is not unusual for an offer to sit for more than 24 hours, and that has NEVER previously affected the responsiveness score in any way.

If you are now saying that job offers must also be responded to (accepted or declined) within 24 hours then that would be new, and a rotten idea.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
48 of 52

Hi Jessica,

I'll just confirm that responding to job invites only affects your responsiveness score, please check the Help article Avery shared.

Untitled
romaindo
Ace Contributor
49 of 52

A little Update...

I worked a lot this last month to improve my JSS Smiley Happy from 75% to 92% !!

But today when I checked "My stats" I can see that my "Client who would recommend you" went from 92% to "-"  (nothing), it disappears!! Why??

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
50 of 52

Hi Romain,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies and check My Stats page again? Your recommendation score should be fine:

Screenshot_30.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS