🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I did my job and not get paid.
Page options
khachouk-ward
Community Member

I did my job and not get paid.

Hi everyone, last week I received an offer to translate an annual report from Arabic to English. I didn't realize, because I'm new to the Upwork community, that the contract is hourly paid. I completed the project using my mobile phone and not a PC and as long as I know there is no desktop app or time tracker for smart phones. So I didn't count the hours worked but I did deliver the report fully translated. My job is done but I didn't receive any money and the client didn't respond to my messages. Is there a solution for this? Is there a way through which I can get paid?

Note : The contract was yesterday suspended by Upwork.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
gaucho76
Community Member

If the contract was suspended, guess you're in a loss. Otherwise, you can negotiate with the client on a logical amount of hours.

It's a bit weird you didn't realize the hourly vs fixed time option since you had to know the amount you were working for beforehand, but guess it's a learning step, next time make sure to check out.

And you're correct, you can't track time on mobile, so next time make sure to do only fixed amount jobs, or arrange manual addition of hours, or simply don't use a phone

So it's not a big problem. It's a learning step for sure. I can't do anything without my mobile phone, it's the most efficient and effective way for me. I will do just fixed price contracts in the future.

Thank you for the answer.
petra_r
Community Member

Ward K wrote:
Hi everyone, last week I received an offer to translate an annual report from Arabic to English. I didn't realize, because I'm new to the Upwork community, that the contract is hourly paid. I completed the project using my mobile phone and not a PC

I have been a translator for a looooooooooooong time and I have no idea how you would do a proper translation on a phone.

You probably won't get paid, it is always better to figure out how things work and then jump in.

Had you worked this contract according to the rules you'd likely have been paid.

No problem. It is my mistake. I used my mobile phone be it's the most effective way for me, the report was full of business jargons which I'm used to so it wasn't a challenging task.

Thank you for the answer.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths