🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I did not get a single job in 2 months
Page options
imsabin
Community Member

I did not get a single job in 2 months

Can someone help me? Is there anything wrong with my profile?

Why I did not get a job I read the client's job description clearly and proposal to them what they asked for but why I did not hire or did no one take an interview as well

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Sabin, if you're experiencing a dry spell it can be due to normal cyclical changes in the business cycle so you can ride it out, or you can try changing up and improving your profile and proposals and trying some different tactics in your profile and proposals to get noticed. It may also be that the new proposal boost feature is impacting your proposals, so you may want to think about boosting your proposals through Connects. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

I don't understand your reason for asking him to work for reviews but I'm experiencing a similar situation. I already mentioned it No Interviews or Invitations. I have reviews with have earned a substantial amount in Upwork yet, the past 2 months have never been the same. I've never experienced this since I started freelancing

a_lipsey
Community Member

Sabin, if you're experiencing a dry spell it can be due to normal cyclical changes in the business cycle so you can ride it out, or you can try changing up and improving your profile and proposals and trying some different tactics in your profile and proposals to get noticed. It may also be that the new proposal boost feature is impacting your proposals, so you may want to think about boosting your proposals through Connects. 

imsabin
Community Member

I did everything except premium,  this month I will try with premium, and still, I did get a job then I don't have any choice so I will leave the Upwork because I invest 9 to 12 hours in Upwork there is no Invitations or interview because I am from an Asian country or something else IDK sorry for that bye-bye Thank you so much for this AMANDA L

Premium does not get you more jobs. 

I don't need more jobs only one job in one month is enough for me. 

TY Martina p.

beepig
Community Member

Hi Sabin, I suggest that could you please check the Available Badge? If it's Off so please turn it on, then wait to see maybe you will get more jobs.

imsabin
Community Member

Thank for this suggestion man but I already knew about it. 

khudeja
Community Member

Same here,

I have been trying for months but no use. I've updated my profile, learnt how to better my proposal, got my proposals and profile evaluated by top ranking freelancers, turned availability badge on, boosted some proposals, but no response. 

Both the 'available now' badge and 'boosting' proposals actually turn off some clients because it screams 'desperation'.  When you send a 'boosted' proposal, it shows a note next to the proposal that the client sees that says "This freelancers paid more to be noticed".  Lots of clients are now actually ignoring (or avoiding) freelancers using both 'available now' and 'boosting' because they are often getting proposals 'boosted' to the top of their lists from freelancers that don't qualify for the job.   I tried the 'available now' and proposal 'boosting' features when Upwork was doing the 'pilot' program, and both caused me to get fewer profile views, invites, and interviews....probably because it looks desperate and scares clients away.  It can take months to land a first gig. You just have to be patience and only apply to things when you are absolutely sure you are a 150% perfect fit for the job

emmamclaren
Community Member

9-12 hours is not a lot in the wide scheme of things. In fact, I'd say that's not actually an unreasonable amount of time. If you are doing 9-12 hour a day, sure that's unreasonable, but a month? Nope, that's like the equivalent of 1-1.5 work days a month. 

Exactly.  I think some folks on here don't realize this is a place to start / run a freelance or LLC  BUSINESS, not just a traditional job board where you simply submit 'applications' and wait to be hired.  If 9-12 hours total is 'too much' time 'invested' to start a business and turn it profitable, then starting or running a business is not for that person. There are plenty of unpaid 'overhead' hours that go into starting and running a business  - advertising, marketing, finding and following leads,   negotiating, etc.   I spent more than 12 hours easy just preparing my taxes for this year  LOL

Congratulation!!!  Thanks for this!!! Sorry if I hurt you. 

Congratulation!  Thanks for this!!! Sorry if I hurt you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths