🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I did not receive any order in my gig yet
Page options
howlader_md_sujo
Community Member

I did not receive any order in my gig yet

Hi, Everyone 

I'm a 5 years old user in Upwork Member. I receiving many work interviews. But I did not get a job. I create an Upwork gig, Almost is 1 year. but I did not get any orders. what my problem? anyone can suggest to me...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kinector
Community Member

Sujon, 5 years here and 10 bucks earned... Is this what you're saying?

If so, ask yourself: why are you still here? Are you hoping to get it going perhaps within the next 5 years?

Those who are serious about doing business on Upwork tend to find this page on their own: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancing-Resources/bd-p/Freelancer_Resources

It's not difficult to find if you've already found this forum earlier.

You might want to redo your profile, try to specify a more narrow niche and customer segment, and stop being the cheapest guy in the market. $3/h looks too cheap for any good client to actually hire you. And those who might be interested in you would be the worst kinds of clients (window-shoppers and scammers) who bring you not business but just trouble.

So, if you're now more serious than during the last 5 years, you should probably develop a good service, build a convincing profile, learn how to send really good proposals, and perhaps even practise your interviews with someone.

Then just get it going, finally.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kinector
Community Member

Sujon, 5 years here and 10 bucks earned... Is this what you're saying?

If so, ask yourself: why are you still here? Are you hoping to get it going perhaps within the next 5 years?

Those who are serious about doing business on Upwork tend to find this page on their own: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancing-Resources/bd-p/Freelancer_Resources

It's not difficult to find if you've already found this forum earlier.

You might want to redo your profile, try to specify a more narrow niche and customer segment, and stop being the cheapest guy in the market. $3/h looks too cheap for any good client to actually hire you. And those who might be interested in you would be the worst kinds of clients (window-shoppers and scammers) who bring you not business but just trouble.

So, if you're now more serious than during the last 5 years, you should probably develop a good service, build a convincing profile, learn how to send really good proposals, and perhaps even practise your interviews with someone.

Then just get it going, finally.

Good luck!

thank you for your good information

My 10 $ was my first income. When creating an account.
Although my ID is quite old. But I would not be more active here.

The reason was my financial problems. And there were no connects to apply to my work.
Now I want to start working from regular Active.

I have been working regularly outside this platform for my clients in Bangladesh and other countries. And I’m also working on fiber regularly.
Now Upwork has long since introduced gig-making systems. So I want to bring the sell from my gig here

karinskold
Community Member

I think it is competition here. You have to really stick out with a great Portfolio etc.

I agree, perhaps also the low budget makes clients wonder if being professional. 

Build up your portfolio, that's my advice. Let it "speak" for itself. 

thank you for your opinion 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members